58 - Clashing Sides

"I MAY NOT BE ABLE TO PREDICT THE FUTURE," RAEVANNA WHISPERED TO BLAKE, "BUT THIS ISN'T GONNA END WELL FOR ANY OF US."

Steve, Raevanna, Clint, Wanda, Sam, Scott, Bucky, and Blake were now in the middle of the airport, fully suited up as they strolled onto the runway. Raevanna was worried - no, terrified - for many reasons. She knew that things were bad now; the team had split, the secretary wanted them arrested, and this impending battle was not going to turn out the way it needed to. She knew that Tony wasn't going to listen to them - not until he had some sort of proof. And, at the moment, they didn't have any.

"Blake and Wanda, you go with Clint," Steve said to the team. "Follow the plan if things go south. Sam, you stay with Bucky. Scott, you know what to do."

The team all dispersed, and Raevanna looked at Steve, her body tensing. The last thing she wanted was to be alone with him right now. "What about me?" she asked.

Steve met her gaze. "You're with me."

Raevanna snorted, crossing her arms and rolling her eyes. "At this point, the only reason why I'm anywhere near you right now is cause I'm helping Bucky and Blake, not you. So after all this bullshit, what makes you think I'll be willing to help you?"

"All other positions are covered," Steve told her. "Trust me, if there were any other position for you to play then I'd put you on it."

Raevanna scoffed and laughed dryly. "This clearly has nothing to do with trust."

Steve sighed, shaking his head. "Are you coming or not?"

Raevanna sighed loudly, her shoulders sagging as she rubbed her face. Then, she nodded. "Yeah, sure, whatever. Let's just go."

Steve stared at her for a brief second before he turned and left, with Raevanna a step behind him. They walked through an underpass, then jogged onto a private runway, heading for a grounded chopper. But then, out of nowhere, an electro-disabler slammed onto the chopper, causing Steve and Raevanna to look up, and moments later Tony and Rhodey in their iron suits descended.

As Tony landed, his helmet retracted, and he glanced at Steve and Raevanna. "Wow, it's so weird how you run into people at the airport," Tony said. Turning to Rhodey, he asked, "Don't you think that's weird?"

"Definitely weird," Rhodey agreed.

"Hear me out, Tony," Steve said. "That doctor, the psychiatrist, he's behind all of this."

That was when T'Challa appeared, leaping over a truck and landing in a catlike crouch on top of it. "Captain," he greeted. "Raven."

Steve nodded respectfully. "Your highness."

"Catman," Raevanna said, raising an eyebrow as she crossed her arms.

"Anyway, Ross gave me 36 hours to bring you in," Tony cut in, addressing Steve again. "That was 24 hours ago. Can you help a brother out?"

"You're after the wrong guy," Steve replied.

"Your judgment is askew," Tony said, glaring at him. "Your old war buddy killed innocent people yesterday."

"And there are five more super soldiers just like him," Raevanna said, deciding to speak. "If they get loose on the streets then even more innocent people could die. We can't let the doctor find them first, Tony. You know we can't."

Natasha stepped out from behind a car, looking at Steve and Raevanna warily. "Steve, Raven...," she said. "You know what's about to happen. Do you both really wanna punch your way out of this one?"

Steve was silent, simply meeting her gaze. Raevanna also was silent, her nails digging into her forearms.

Tony snorted. "All right, I've run out of patience." Cupping his hands around his mouth, he shouted, "Underoos!"