Chapter 28. Dinner Date

[Author's pov]

Gianna and Xavier reached at a big boutique store. Xavier took her inside and started selecting clothes for her without her knowledge. He thought Gianna always looked gorgeous in her floral one-piece dresses, so he couldn't just ignore her love towards something. He found a beautiful white floral dress which would fit perfectly on her, and she would look even more stunning than she already is.

When he gave her the dress to try it on, Gianna came to know she was at a boutique with him, she gasped and kept her hand on her mouth to cover her surprise.

"Xavier? Why're we here? I am already wearing a dress." She whispered near his ear. Xavier chuckled and said,

"Just go ahead. I promise you will look even more pretty." Gianna blushed and took the dress from his hand. She was guided to the dressing room by him, and she changed her clothes. When she came out, Xavier looked up from his phone and went blank. He stared intently from her toes to her last piece of hair.

"Xavier... are you staring?" Gianna asked him when she felt this huge spark as if someone was digging a hole in her.

"Should I not stare? My girlfriend is the most beautiful woman on this planet, obviously I will stare." He shrugged, as if stating something very obvious. Gianna's lips twitched forming a smile hearing his words.

Xavier took out the scarf he had given to Gianna and wrapped it properly and carefully around her neck. Gianna touched the scarf and her smile became even more bright.

"You become happy for this little-little things..." Xavier exclaimed while tucking her hairs behind her ear.

"Should I not be happy? My new boyfriend cares this much about me." Gianna said and kept both her hands on his shoulders.

"Imitating me, are you? Of course, you should always remain happy, and I will always care for you, I won't give you a chance to complain." He said, making her blush and look away. She then remembered that they were at a store and doing romance in front of the employees. She immediately removed her hands from his shoulders, which were surrounding his neck, and turned away from him.

"What? What happened?" He became confused by her actions. Gianna cleared her throat and took a deep breath.

"Let's go now." Gianna said and walked towards dressing room. Xavier caught hold of her hand and turned her towards him, making her face him again.

"Not there, this way." He guided her towards the entrance and his car.

When they buckled their seatbelt, Gianna said,

"Xavier! I think we forgot to make payment for the dress and I forgot to collect my previous dress." Xavier looked at her and chuckled yet again. He had become a very happy man in only a few hours.

"Why are you laughing at me? Don't tell me you already made payment and collected my dress." Gianna said, and a slight pout was forming on her face.

"No, I didn't make payment, neither I collected your dress." Hearing this, Gianna instantly unbuckled her seatbelt and was about to open the door when Xavier kept his hand on her hand, stopping her.

"There is no need to go there. I own this boutique, it's alright if I don't make payment if I take anything from here. About your dress... it'll be delivered at your apartment on time after getting it washed, don't worry." Gianna went in a dazed zone while Xavier buckled her seatbelt yet again and started his car.

"Just how much rich you are? Not like I care... just asking curiously." Gianna whispered, not willing to ask loudly, but Xavier heard everything clearly, being close to her in an enclosed vehicle.