Chapter 40. Kidnapped, But For Protection?

(A/N: This chapter contains slight suicidal thoughts, suicide is not an answer to your problems. If you are suffering from depression, please consult to helpline numbers of your respective country or seek consultation through doctor or your parents. Proceed at your own risk, thank you for reading.)

Gianna soon woke up and realized that her hands were tied up, and she felt her legs and mouth were also previously tied, but now they were free. Realization soon hit her that she had got kidnapped.

"Are you awake now?" A man said and went outside to call his employer. Gianna was feeling very thirsty, and she trembled as she was feeling cold, she was wearing thigh length dress, so she felt chill run through her spine due to cold. She sat up in sitting position, the ground was also cold. She heard the door opening and the noise of shoes coming near her, she backed away in fear.

"Don't worry, sister, you're safe here, with us." A man's voice entered her ears and she flinched in fear.

"W-Who're you!? Why have you kidnapped me!? R-Release me! I've to go back h-home!" Gianna exclaimed impatiently. The man clicked his tongue a few times and caught hold of her chin gently. She flinched again in fear,

"Don't be this much scared sister, we'll not harm you in any manner, but you'll have to obediently sit here until we tell you to do so." The man said, and laid a blanket on top of her legs. Gianna was confused, scared, flustered and devastated at the same moment.

"Why're you continuously calling me 'sister'? I'm not your sister, please release me! Let me go!" Gianna said in a pleading tone. The man sighed and gave her a glass of water in her hand. She was feeling extremely thirsty, so she drank the water without complaining.

"To answer, why I'm calling you sister is because--" The man was interrupted by someone entering the room.

"That's because he's your brother, Gianna." Robert's voice came into her ears and she flinched in shock.

"You!?" Gianna exclaimed in shock.

"Yes, me. I'm Robert Allen, whom you know already." Robert exclaimed.

"Why have you kidnapped me, Robert!?" Gianna exclaimed sternly.

"Because you refused to get adopted by me and I already told you that Moretti family is dangerous, so you should stay away from them, but you were busy doing parties with them." Gianna scoffed, listening to this.

"Are you being serious? The one who seems more dangerous to me right now is you, Robert!" Gianna said and backed away a little.

"Gianna, try to understand, I had to do this... for your protection. Trust me, let me adopt you, I'll talk with best doctors available and treat your eyes too!" Robert exclaimed, making Gianna feel disgusted with him even more. Gianna thought there must be some motive behind the reason he's insisting on adopting her this much.

"Why do you want to adopt me only? I have a sister too, if you don't know. Real sister, Amelia." Gianna said and frowned in contemplation.

"W-Well, I'll adopt you both, alright? Please just agree, I need your approval so that I can adopt you." Robert was stubborn enough and not letting out any information why he needs to adopt them.

"C'mon dad, let's go, give her some time to think it out." The man who was son of Robert said.

"Well... okay." Robert agreed and they both left from the room. Gianna sighed in relief when she was left alone, she heard some low voice outside the room, so she slowly and silently stood up and went near the door, following the source of the voice. She attached her ear to the door to listen carefully.

"Increase the security outside and inside the building, and give her food and ice pack for her wound after a while." The son's voice came through outside the door. Gianna was very confused. Why would these kidnappers treat her like this? What was the motive behind Robert persistently insisting on adopting her, especially? Why was he not focusing on Amelia and only her? Gianna sighed as she felt helpless and went back to sit in her original position.