Chapter 33. Amelia In Trouble

(Note: This chapter contains mild abuse and bullying scenarios, proceed on your own risk. Thank you.)

Amelia was having her lunch with her friends in the cafeteria and chatting with them. When someone tapped her shoulder. She turned around and saw Derek standing behind her with a smirk. Amelia sighed and frowned, looking at him.

"The troublemaker is back, guys." Amelia said to her friends and turned back to eat her lunch and ignore him.

"My love, did you miss me? I don't know about you, but I missed you a lot, Amii!" Derek said with a smirk, making Amelia cough and choke on her food. Derek patted her back, but Amelia pushed his hand away.

"Shut up and get lost." Amelia said while wiping her mouth and standing up.

"How rude. Amelia, I am not lying, I missed you." Derek gave her a genuine smile and caught hold of her wrist.

"What nonsense... Can you just leave me alone? Please? I don't care if you missed me or not. What business do you have with me?" Amelia said and scrunched her face, getting annoyed. Her friends were sitting with imaginary popcorn in their hands. Whereas the girls who have crush on Derek were staring at Amelia with jealousy. One of them was Julia, whom Amelia had given her seat, so she could sit near Derek.

(A/N: Refer to Chapter 16 to know which Julia I have mentioned here.)

"Here take this." Derek offered her an invitation card with simple and elegant embroidery printing. Amelia looked at the card and realized it was Brinley and Adam's engagement party invitation.

" I came here to give you this. This was given to me by Mom, and don't worry Gianna will also receive this card from Fratello as this card holds an individual identity proof which you have to carry for entry. Privacy reasons, you know?" Derek said and graced his hair, showing his 'coolness'.

Amelia frowned again and said, "You could've given me this directly without such nuisance..." Derek chuckled and ruffled her hair before going away towards his friends. Amelia huffed and fixed her disheveled hair and kept the card in her bag.

After having her lunch, she went to the washroom alone. On her way to the washroom, she passed by a storage room where she got dragged inside by her hand. She screamed and looked at the person clutching her hand so tightly. It was none other than Julia and her 'dogs'.

As soon as Amelia opened her mouth to confront her, she got a tight slap on her face.

"How dare you get close to Derek Moretti!!?" Julia shouted in her face, and the other five girls laughed at her misery.

"What do you mean!? And how dare YOU slap me!?" Amelia shouted back.

"Don't be over smart, alright!? I know what kind of lowly middle class b.tch you are." A girl said who was standing behind Julia. Amelia was losing her control over her anger. She was really trying to control herself because if she hit them, she could get suspended from the university or might even get kicked out of there.

She didn't want Gianna to be sad and worry about her. Amelia bit her lip tightly, controlling herself from cursing and hitting these girls.

"Cat got your tongue!? Tell me what Derek gave you! Show it to me!" Julia said in a stern voice. Amelia glared at her, but she thought party was not that necessary than getting out of this situation. So she kept her bag down and started searching the card. Fortunately, she had kept her mobile in the bag, so sneakily she reduced the brightness of her phone and started the voice recorder.

She took out the card from her bag which was instantly snatched away by Julia and her minions also got curious what was in the card.

"It's a grand engagement party-invite girls. Look she is way smarter than us, she knows how to climb beds and get these things in return. Are you trying to climb the social ladder by going to these parties with your poor self?" Julia mocked her, but Amelia kept mum.