Chapter 55. Missed Each Other

A/N: I must warn, this chapter has a few curse words, proceed at your will.

(Amelia's pov)

"Derek! Stop! Please listen to me, why are you ignoring me!?" I shouted as Derek walked ahead of me in fast pace.

"I have nothing to listen and nothing to talk with you, just leave me alone." He uttered in a very stern voice, emphasizing on each word.

"Okay, don't listen! But you have to work with me on this project, don't you, remember you're my partner!?" I exclaimed loudly, making all heads turn towards us. Our friends came to us, on noticing our argument, but Derek signalled them to stay quiet.

"Will you stop barking at me!" Derek exclaimed loudly as he turned around to face me, I gasped loudly at his choice of words.

"What do you mean!? AM I A FUCKING DOG OR WHAT!?" I glared at him, we stared at each other eye-to-eye for a few minutes before he broke the eye contact.

"Listen, Amelia. I had enough of you, your stubbornness and your shitty behavior. I'm sorry, I used to pestered you a lot, because it was a love at first sight type of feeling which I felt during those days, but I guess you're not the one for me in my destiny. I gave up on the day you decided to go for that match because of some pennies." I stared at him in shock.

"Heh 'Love at first sight' you said, and what was that..." I uttered in a mocking manner.

"What?" Derek asked in confusion.

"Some pennies, you say!? Do you even know our struggles! YOU ARE FUCKING DIAMOND SPOON SPOILED BRAT!!! The pennies you speak of, fills our stomach, for god's sake! The university fees... do you even know what is the fee!? How would you know! Your family is taking care of all your needs, how will you even know about our struggles! You know, the other reason I came looking for you? It was to return this back to you!" I shouted my lungs out on him, with tears flowing down my eyes.

I  showed him the duffle bag I was carrying, it had all the money I won  that day in the match, I didn't want to rely on his money, knowing he  never awarded me this money willingly

I showed him the duffle bag I was carrying, it had all the money I won that day in the match, I didn't want to rely on his money, knowing he never awarded me this money willingly.

"I-" Derek was about to speak when I pushed the bag in his hands.

"SHUT UP BASTARD!" I exclaimed and ran away from there while crying my eyes out and sniffing on the way to the terrace. I got calls from my friends and 'his' friends, but I ignored all the calls and switched my phone off.

"Anna was right, except her and Charlie, I have no one to rely on and expect trust, love, and care from. Why... god... always why me...?" I sniffed and swatted away the remaining tears, while taking deep breaths.

"Now I know what I must do..." I said deciding on a method to escape all the problems. But for this, I will have to talk with Gianna.

--