Chapter 57. Kiss, Anger and Confusion

~After a month~

The university was busy with cheerful chattering going around the whole campus, everyone was overjoyed and excited for upcoming events, the university was organizing a big carnival. But there was someone sitting on a rooftop of the building, looking at the happy people buzzing around below her. She sighed and sipped the beer from the chilled can she was holding.

"Alcohol is bad for kids." Max taunted as he came from behind. Amelia scoffed and flicked her head in sarcasm. She stood silently watching the crowds.

"Are you depressed, right now? Where did our little tigress disappear!?" Colten said, as he also came with Lucas and Hayley. Apparently, Lucas and Hayley are a couple, so they were inseparable. Amelia let out a big sigh and turned to look at her friends. She gave them a big, long look before scoffing again and looking away.

"What? What's up with you?" Hayley asked curiously.

"Well... I don't remember calling a group meeting or gathering? Why are you all here?" Amelia asked them slightly in a rude manner.

"Are you sad about Derek? I heard right now from someone, he received an opportunity to complete his Masters and PhD in Business and Management Science in Norway, and he has accepted the offer!" Colten said, and Amelia looked at him in shock.

"Is this for real!?" Amelia exclaimed, Colten nodded in approval. Amelia left the rooftop railing she was holding and crushed the can in her hand. She was about to turn to leave and go find him, yet she saw a scene unfolding in the middle of campus, which made her still in her place.

Derek and a girl with hazel hair, just like Amelia, were standing in the middle of the crowd. The girl was speaking something with excitement, and the whole crowd started chanting 'kiss, kiss, kiss!' Amelia crushed the can even more, letting it crumble badly, and the remaining beer spilled out on the floor. Max and Colten chuckled, looking at the crowd.

Unexpectedly, Derek looked up for a second, as if he knew the familiar stare, his eyes met Amelia's burning stare. He turned his head back at the woman, and in an instant brought her near, kissing the life out of her.

Amelia, felt this strange pang in her chest and she brought her hand high in the sky to throw the can towards them, but Lucas and Colten stopped her, and took the can away from her hand

Amelia, felt this strange pang in her chest and she brought her hand high in the sky to throw the can towards them, but Lucas and Colten stopped her, and took the can away from her hand. Hayley brought her away from the railing, in fear of her falling down. The whole crowd cheered, but Derek yanked away from her and rubbed his lips harshly in disgust. The woman got mad and stomped her leg. Derek spitted out some saliva and went away from the crowd in an instant. 

Amelia unfortunately didn't witness, him yanking away and spitting, in a fit of her rage. The crowd started gossiping about how the woman got dumped by Derek after getting kissed.

Apparently, she had confessed to him, and in a fit of rage towards Amelia, he kissed her. Which was confusing for both of them. Amelia being confused by her feelings and Derek being confused as to why must he do these things when he's about to leave the country for years!