Chapter 20. A Lovely Banter

Please vote, thank you for reading!

"Are you challenging me?" Derek huffed.

"Whatever." Amelia looked away from him and stomped on his foot. Derek took the opportunity and banged on the wall with his hand, making Amelia shook in surprise.

"Alright, challenge accepted, my feisty kitty." Derek smirked and tugged Amelia's hair behind her ear, making Amelia glare at him and rush away from his side.

'How did I end up getting even more involved with him.' Amelia thought as she rubbed her forehead in frustration.

~An hour ago~

As soon as Amelia came to university she bumped 'again' into Derek, there he stood with his old stupid sly smirk, making Amelia grit her teeth in anger. She spotted her friends at a distance, but when they saw her, they just chuckled and waved before going away to their respective classes. Amelia gasped as she realized she was dumped by her friends.

"Don't worry about them, I've explained them about us." Derek said and smiled.

"What do you mean by 'us'? There's no us, okay? What shit did you filled the heads of my friends with?" Amelia gritted her teeth in rage while speaking.

"Oh come on, calm down, will ya? Let's go there and have a nice conversation in private." That's when Amelia noticed that they were not in private and people were staring at them. Derek pulled her hand and took her in one empty class.

As soon as they entered the empty class, Derek locked the door and stood in front of Amelia, staring in her eyes. Amelia folded her arms on her chest and made a cold, frowning expression,

"Why are you doing this?" Amelia started.

"What? What did I do?" Derek acted as if he was confused.

"Don't act like you don't know...tell me honestly, why are you always getting involved in my matters? Can't you just go and poke those girls who're genuinely interested in you?" Amelia tried to keep the interrogation calmly, so she decided to go for the polite way.

"Yes, I agree that there are girls who are interested in me not that I care, but I'm more interested in you than them so can't argue about this with you." Derek shrugged and gave her his signature smirk.

"You-!" Amelia was about to say something when Derek started moving towards her, making her back slam on the wall.

"Why are you being this angry about me being interested in you? Other girls might just faint on the spot if they had been in your position. Can't you just agree to this fact?" Derek said in his cool voice, acting all smug. Amelia scoffed as if mocking him.

"You won't be able to get what you're trying to get, I'm telling you, Derek." Amelia huffed in anger.

"Are you challenging me?" Derek huffed.

"Whatever." Amelia looked away from him and stomped on his foot. Derek took the opportunity and banged on the wall with his hand, making Amelia shook in surprise.

"Alright, challenge accepted, my feisty kitty." Derek smirked and tugged Amelia's hair behind her ear, making Amelia glare at him and rushed away from his side, escaping from the class.

'How did I end up getting even more involved with him.' Amelia thought as she rubbed her forehead in frustration. She sighed and proceeded towards her class, she passed by her friends who stood with a mischievous and teasing grin, but she just scoffed and ignored them.

"I definitely won't melt this time, I've always forgiven them for any silly antics, but this time I'll be a rock instead of ice because rocks don't melt easily." Amelia whispered to herself as if convincing her heart to challenge everyone who comes in her way.