chapter 37

Don't know how happy you guys will be about this chap, so yeah.. Uh- may shock you guys,

Mui pov

We got to genyas.. It was as always.. Smelt like alcohol

"Oh shit, dads home" he said, I looked at him, "that's fine.. Has he been drinking..?" I asked, genya shrugged, "I fucking hope not"

We walked through, we saw his dad had a bottle of beer in his hand

"Fuck.." Genya said, "I don't want him around yo-"

"Ahhh, hello genya- Ohh, and tokie, huh?" He said, I immediately looked at genya, "He's coming to help with home work.. Right mui?" "Uh huh.." I said, shaking

"Right, go do that shit, I'll call you two down later"

Genya looked at me, then nodded, and we went uostsris to his room

We cuddled for a while.. It was nice.. Calming..

......................................................................

"Boys! Come down!" We heard

"Ah.. Is that bad..?" "Hopefully not"

We walked downstairs and saw genyas dad,

"Take a seat"

Genya and I looked at each other, before sitting down, facing each other on some of the dining table chairs

"So.. Muichiro" he said, I looked at him, "Yes..?" I said, scared, "You have two options"

I moved my face away from him and gave genya a worried look, who also seemed scared, or confused

"So.. Number one, you date genya as much as you want.. I won't bother you, or genya ever again about your relationship.." He said, my eyes slightly lit up

"But, it's going to cost you something"

I looked at him, "Yes..?" I said, he took a peice of my front hair, "This, needs to be short"

My eyes widened, "A-Ah.. I can't do that.. I'm sorry, it took so long to grow, and it's really special to m-"

"Or, number two, you keep that hair, but I make students spread rumors about you.. Right until the point you're expelled.."

"The upper moons.. T-Theyd kill me if I got expelled.." "I know."

I looked at genya, "we don't have to be together.. You can hurt me as much as you want, punch, hit, anything, just don't get mui expelled.. And don't cut his hair.. Please.." Genyas pleaded

"It's not your choice"

Genyas dad looked at me, I looked down..

"Mui, you don't have to do this, I'll make sure it doesn't happen, okay-? Just- mui please don-" "...just cut it" I cut genya off

Genya looked at me, "Cut it.. I don't even care anymore.. There's no way out... It's either a stupid haircut or getting my ass absolutely beaten..." I said, looking down, genya looked at me shocked,

His dad smiled an evil looking grin, "There we go" he said, he walked behind me, and I looked at genya, who looked so sad... So confused.. So lost even maybe?

"Mui.." He said, I smiled a weak smile, "..It's okay.. It had to happen.. It had to happen some day.."

I felt a tear run down my cheek.. This was it.. After everything, all the stuff I had dodged... It had to happen..

And it was happening.. Right here.. Right now..

Genya looked like he was about to cry..

"Dad, No- stop, please!" Genya said, trying to stand up, but his dad pushed him back, I heard his dad get scissors..

"So- how short should we make it, huh?" He said, lifting all my hair and putting it over the back of the chair, I just shrugged..

There was really nothing to say.." "Attitude huh? Alright, short short it is"

My eyes widened hearing that..

It was going to be short.. It.. It actually was..

I felt him lift up a portion, and snip it.. Really short.. I raised my head, seeing genyas face.. He was.. Well.. He was upset, I smiled at him, I could feel tears forcing them selves through..

"A-Ah.. Well.. M-Maybe.. W-We could find some s-short hair styles.. T-To play with.." I tried making myself feel better, but it just made the tears come out, genya sat there, he put his hand out for me to hold, I gripped it with all my strength..

"I'm so sorry.. I-I.. I didn't want to l-loose you.." I said, be just shook his head, "I'm sorry.. If you hadn't come.. This wouldn't have happened.."

It was so hard to keep stable.. The loud, roaring snipping and chopping noises.. It was so.. So weird.. And the feel of the scissors at like.. The middle of my neck.. Knowing how short it is..

I watched my hair fall off my shoulders, into the ground..

It was so painful.. It didn't hurt.. But it cut deep..

I really just threw away everything.. All my memories of mama.. Genya.. Even yui..

......................................................................

Genyas dad stopped, and brushed off my shoulders and neck.. "Doesn't that just look so much better?"  I nodded.. Just so he'd be happy,

"Genya? Doesn't he look so good?" Genya just looked down.. Neither of us could believe it..

He fluffed up my hair and looked at me, "So much better without all that shit, now you'll look like a boy" he said, patting my shoulders

"Why are you two so sulky?" "It's a haircut" his dad said, mocking genyas sad face.. Genya just stared him angrily..

".. Let's go mui" he said, putting his hand out to take me

I nodded slightly, it was hard not to cry.. I didn't want to.. I couldn't show it upset me.. But it did.. It really did..