chapter 61

Mui pov

Genya had just come in, he was.. Crying- it was weird, I've barely ever seen him cry, “You okay? What's going on? You're safe here don't worry-”

He was heavily breathing, he lives like 20 minutes away, and it looked like he had been running-

“You need water? Anything-? Come on let's go get you to akazas room-” I said, bringing him through-

It was raining heavily outside too.. So he was absolutely drenched..

“Hey, uh.. I have a shirt of yours, you wanna take that one off and have the other? You're soaking, I'll get you a towel too-” I said, “Ah, thanks mui.. I'm sorry, I know I'm usually the one helping, I just- I hate him.. I hate dad..” “No that's okay, I get it, just stay there, I'll get you one of the many shirts I stole, a towel, and a snack if I can find one-”

I was doing everything to be as much as a help to genya as he's been to me-

I quickly went up to my room and saw yui wearing a familiar shirt

“I- where's that shirt from..?” I asked, he smiled, “I stole it, it's from your drawer”

I sighed..

“That's genyas-” “EW WHAT THE FUCK-?! I'M GONNA GET RABIES” He said, immediately taking off the shirt, “Be quiet! He's downstairs-”

He looked at me weirdly, “And why the fuck is he downstairs?!” “His dad got really violent-” “Kokushiibo told you not to bring him over!”

“Shit”

I had completely forgotten that rule-

Ahh.. I won't get in too much trouble, right..?

“You're fucked if he finds him” he said, I rolled my eyes, “piss off- it's fine-”

I went back downstairs with the shirt yui had, grabbed towels, and opened the door to see genya, on his phone, he looked worried, “Everything okay?”

He looked up, “Oh- yeah, nemi said he got injured.. I'm just worried-”

I nodded, “Yeah- I get that- I was terrified when yui got in that fight.. It was all my fault too”

Genya looked down and frowned

“Did I say something wrong?” “No, just thinking” “Ah, alright, would you want any food?” He thought for a moment, then nodded, “Yeah.. That'd be nice-” he said, I nodded and went to the kitchen, and accidentally made eye contact with gyokko

“I know he's here”

My eyes widened-

“Hm.. You really had the audacity to go against kokus request, huh?~”

“I forgot.. I-”

Panic settled in.. I hadn't felt like this in months every since my hair got cut, he never bothered me..

“I mean come on mui..” He said and got closer, “Get away from me”

I- what the fuck did I just do-? I spoke back to him..? On accident..?!

He stepped back, a bit surprised, “Oh? Ah, what a shame, honestly- I miss the old mui~” he said, I stared st him, “The one that I could.. You know..” He said and put his arm around my waist, I tried pushing him off, “Fucking stop”

He made a sarcastic pout

“Or?~” “I'll tell akaza your trying to do this shit to me again, I made sure my hairs shirt so I don't deal with you, so stop being creepy”

“Oh, how sad, I'll have to tell koku that you know.. Have genya over.. Or maybe even something about yui..”

My facial expression dropped-

“Like maybe about that senjiro boy..?~” “Fine, fucking hell do whatever, I don't care, don't get genya or yui in trouble- even senjiro for gods sake”

He smiled, “I can't now, but I will someone time~”

Why did I say that.. I.. I just gave him permission to do whatever he wanted to me..

Please say he forgets about that.. Please.. Please please

I saw him leave and got back to making genya a peanut butter sand which.. We really don't have much, but it's okay

I went back to genyas room, and saw him standing at the for when I opened it

“I-” “What were you doing-”

“I heard my name mentioned-”

I just froze, “Don't worry about it, I'll deal with it later, just eat and make sure sanemis okay, make sure he comes in through the back door, I can't have the upper moons knowing”