chapter 80

Mui pov

“Yui can I go on your phone again..?” “Why? Are you gonna message genya?”

I paused, “No.. I just want to listen to music, you know? You have our shared Spotify.. Right?”

He shrugged, “you aren't allowed on anything else, okay? Don't look through any chats, nothing” he told me, I nodded and took his phone, and headphones

“How long will you be?” He asked, “Ah, maybe a while?”

He quickly took his phone back, surprising me, “Hm?” I asked, he quickly messaged someone.. It was senjiro-

Muis going on my phone, I'll message you when it's back, bye bye for now

“Can I message him?” I asked, he looked me up and down..

“What will you message..?” He asked, bringing his phone closer to him, like he was protecting it, or trying to hide something from me

“I want to say hi-” I said, and he nodded, messaging him.

He covered half his screen, and showed me just the message..

Mui says hi btw

Well.. That's at least something-

“Why couldn't I message him-?” “I don't want you looking st my messages, I have my own private life, okay? I don't want people looking” he told me

What's he been messaging him…? It's not sketchy shit.. Right?

No, he isn't into that, he wouldn't do that.. He really wouldn't, right? No, he isn't like that.. He just wants privacy..

“Alrighty, just.. Thank you, could I have the phone?” I asked, he shrugged, “you won't look through messages?” “Nope” “Won't message anyone?” “No”

He nodded and handed me the phone, and I just went on Spotify, and put some music on, just some random songs that I felt like..

Mainly emotional songs.. Just wasn't in the mood..

I really did feel like messaging genya.. It was hard not to.. But I miss him.. And.. Have strong feelings against him..

I'm upset, that's all.. I want to go to school, and try talking to him, but that probably wouldn't go well.. Would it?

No, but.. There's nothing to do about it..

I sat there for what felt like hours.. Staring at the wall, and listening to music.. I could see yui out of the corner of my eye, he seemed very productive.. He must've done three sets of homework.. Wrote notes, and drew- and yet I stared at the wall, zoning out..

Kokushiibo was right.. I am the useless twin- ah, why am I like this..?

Maybe yui just.. It's because I've gone through quite a bit this week, that's why I'm so.. Inactive-? Yeah that's the word-

Just in a bad mood.. But, I have school tomorrow.. And I'm going to have to see everyone.. I hope yui helped sort it out- with tanjiro and that, I really do.. I don't want them to hate me-

I really, really dont- I honestly miss being away from them.. My friends are everything to me, so loosing them would cut like a knife..

I just want peace, and for everything to be okay.. But I guess not, I guess it'll stay like this for a while..

I only have a few years of high school left, I need to make the most of it, but, how am I meant to be if I'm upset? Or unhappy?

I need to find ways to help myself.. I need hobbies, maybe I can make friends that way, but I don't like need things.. I've never been a fan..

I took my headphones out..

“Yui-? What am I good at..?”

He paused, “Lots of things, why are you asking..?”

“I don't know.. I feel lonely.. Or worried, I want to start new things.. I feel like I need to move on..”

Moving on was scary, it really was.. Was I really moving on from genya-? No.. There's no way, I can't do that to him.. But, he's done it to me

Yui tilted his head, “You always gave me arty vibes, mama and dad thought that too, but, I don't actually know, give it a try at least” he told me, I nodded..

“I have all the stuff you'd need, I have tips too, I-” he paused, “give me the phone”

I looked down.. He was getting a call from an unknown number..

“Hello? Who is this?”

It was just muffled audio- “Call back later if it's important” he said, before ending the call..

“Do you think that was bad..?” “No it's probably a prank call or some shit, someone wrote my number on a toilet stall in school” “Why..?” “People are weird, anyway, could I have it back?”

“Oh- yeah no of course..” I said, ha ding the phone back, he went through his contacts looking through the number, before reading through it heaps of times out loud.

“what're you doing..?” “Seeing if I know the number”