𝙜𝙧𝙚𝙚𝙣𝙚𝙧 𝙜𝙧𝙖𝙨𝙨

"Who the hell is this?" Glenn hopped up as the barn doors opened. Rick still had his gun pressed to Aarons back. Everyone stood.

Jake jogged to Del, giving her a tight hug.

"Aaron. He says he has a community," Del answered.

"I do! We have fences! I- I have pictures in my backpack." Aaron went to reach for his bag but Daryl snatched it off him before he could. He dug through it, pulling out a pile of papers. Del joined his side as they examined. Green grass, clean houses, smiling faces.

"They have a doctor," Del added, as if it was a good enough reason to bring a random man back.

"How far?" Maggie asked as she stared down at a picture of the walls.

"About a four hour walk."

"If you have a community then what the hell are you doing out here?" Jake questioned.

"Looking for people like you who need help. Need shelter."

"Rick, we don't know this guy." Glenn had a nervous look etched on his face, more nervous than usual.

"It's too good to be true," Abraham chuckled as he flipped through the pictures now.

"I know it seems that way, but we want to build a community up, make it safe. You people seem like you could use the help, no strings attached." Aaron seemed a little desperate to get his point across.

"You said it's a four hour walk?" Del looked at him, biting on the inside of her cheeks.

"You ain't thinking about going with this guy?" Daryl furrowed his eyebrows at her.

"No. We have a map. He can pinpoint where to go. Most of us go, check it out, then come back here."

"They won't let you in without me." Aaron shook his head.

"That bullshit! This is a setup!" Jake looked back and forth from Del to Rick.

"Dad?" Carl said softly. Rick rubbed his face, sighing as they all waited for the answer of what to do.

"Maggie, Glenn, Daryl, Del, Abraham and Michonne will go. The rest of us will stay back with him."

"I am telling you, they will find it suspicious if you just show up at the gates," Aaron argued.

"Not if they have a message from you." Jake roughly handed him one of the pictures flipped to the blank side and a pen from his bag.

"What do I say? These people are holding me captive?" Aaron laughed nervously.

"You tell them that they need to let us in, then you will be there."

Aaron laughed, shaking his head, but still put the paper up to a wood post, scribbling on it before handing it to Rick.

"You all be back before sunrise tomorrow," Rick muttered to Daryl.

Michonne smiled softly at Del as she tightened the straps of her backpack.

"You okay to walk some more?"

"Maybe it'll put me in early labor." Del sighed.

: ̗̀➛

Del rubbed her back, almost regretting the decision to go with. She hated the way her body got exhausted so easy now. She missed all the energy she had before. Sweat rolled down her face as she blinked her eyes, trying to get the burning sun out of them.

"You okay?" Maggie and Glenn joined her side, smiling softly.

"Just my back, my feet. I'll be fine."

"Here." Glenn dug in his backpack, handing her a water bottle.