𝙜𝙤𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙩𝙤 𝙗𝙚𝙙

: ̗̀➛
I stared at the white wall in front of me, the couch seemed to swallow me up. My mind raced, my heart feeling like it would give out. All I could see was Eddie. His eyes. The poured into my mind.
      "You okay?" Maggies voice made me jump.
     "I'll live. Hows Beth and your dad... how are you?"
     "I accepted they're gone way before today. Beth and daddy haven't. Daddy took off. Beth wont get out of bed, just staring."
     "What do you mean he took off?"
     "He's gone. I told Rick and Glenn that he's probably at that bar."
     I sighed deeply, putting my face in my hands. I stared at the floor through my fingers, refusing to close my eyes because all I could see was my brother.
     "What do I do from here, Maggie?" my voice shook.
     "You keep going, straight ahead." I felt her hand on my back. I bit back tears.

: ̗̀➛

And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
Revelation 21:4

     "She won't talk to me." I shut Beths bedroom door behind me. Maggie bit her nails.
     "And daddy and Glenn aren't back yet. Its getting dark."
     "They'll be back, Maggie. Be with your sister. Also, check on Kay for me."
     "Where are you going?"
     "Bed."

: ̗̀➛

     I stomped through the woods, leaves crunching under my feet. The sound of the creek surrounded me, the darkness swallowed me up.
     There it was. Little red brick house, tucked away in all the trees. I could see me and Eddies bedroom window.
    The smell of rotten flesh hit me when I walked in. Tv on the ground, daddys recliner knocked over. Beer cans still littered the floor, just like before.
Aurghh!
     I stepped toward the noise, and there was daddy, right in the hallway where I left him. Only half of him, his guts from his big beer belly poured onto the wooden floors. His legs were gone. He reached out for me, just like the day I left him, but this time he had a look of hunger behind his eyes.
     "Hey daddy." I crouched in front of him, just out of his reach.
Arrrugh!
     "Eddies gone. But I realized something, daddy. Eddie was gone a long time ago, and so were you. This body isn't yours anymore."
Burhhh!
     "I thought maybe we could help you guys, maybe there was a cure. There isn't. I mean look at you. You're not sick, you're dead. I don't want to ever see someone I love like that again."
     He groaned, still reaching for me. I was just out of his grip.
     "You know how you always said I was weak, that I would be the first to go? Look at you now. I outlived you, bastard. You're the one on the floor now. Do I look as scary as you used to from down there?" I stomped his head. I felt his skull easily collapse under my foot.
     "You're dead!" I stomped more. The groans slowly stopped. Brain and blood flew all over me, drops hitting my face and body.
      "I hate you." I stomped one last time, staring down at what used to be my dads head, now a mush that fused with the floorboards. I felt nothing.