𝙢𝙞𝙡𝙚𝙨 𝙩𝙤 𝙜𝙤

"Four more miles." Glenn stared down at a map. Del didn't want to depart from them, she didn't want to be on foot anymore. She didn't want to get her hopes up she would find them and nobody be alive anymore.

"Sad you bunch won't join us," Abraham said.

"We have people to get to," Glenn replied.

"It was nice to seem some new faces for once." Rosita smiled at Del. Del had to force a smile back.

"Can I ask who you're looking for?" Eugene questioned Del, "How you all departed?"

"How about one question for each mile." Abraham offered. Del knew he was trying to get her to talk, which she didn't want to do, but they had helped Glenn and gave them a ride, so she agreed.

"Okay, who are you looking for?" Rosita asked the first one.

"Our family."

"You three don't look exactly related to me," Abraham joked.

"Not family like that."

"Three more miles." Glenn spoke up.

"Where are y'all coming from?" Abraham asked the second question.

"Atlanta first... Then a farm... then a prison," Glenn answered this time.

"What happened to the prison?" Eugene asked.

"One question each mile." Del didn't want to answer, she didn't even want to think about the prison, about all the hope she had for it. The life she had imagined there.. All the memories she created, gone.

"Only two more," Glenn informed. Him counting down the miles drove Del insane.

"Who'd you lose?" Abraham asked. Dels body went stiff with those words. Anger swelled up inside her chest.

"Go fuck yourself." Was all she said in return.

"We've all lost somebody, and by the way we met i'm hoping I just caught you during a bad time and you aren't actually insane."

She stared out the window for a second. Her lip trembled with the thought.

"My dad... my brother and fiancé." Was the only solid answer she could get. She wanted to list off everyone they lost, everyone that could be dead, but she didn't know. She knew Hershel was gone, she knew Eddie and David were, the rest was still a question. No matter how much she prepared herself for their deaths, she still held onto hope.

"Daddy's girl, huh?"

"Something like that." She could feel Glenn and Tara staring at her. It drove her nuts. They looked at her in a way she had lost her mind, maybe she had. She didn't know who she was anymore, she had lost every purpose to live. Everyone she knew could be dead.

"Uhm... One more mile," Glenn muttered.

"What's your favorite color?" Abraham laughed. Del didn't crack a smile, continuing to stare out the window, watching the fields fly by.

"Red."

"Just like us," Abraham smiled. Del didn't even hear him speak. Her mind was elsewhere. It had been elsewhere since the moment she crawled in that tank with the governor. His blood was still splattered across her body. It had dried, staining her clothes. She hated that she was carrying part of the man that killed Hershel with her.

"This next road, you can stop."

The truck pulled to a harsh halt. Glenn wasted no time to climb out, grabbing their belonging, which wasn't much.

Del slipped out of the truck, staring at the long empty road ahead of her. She hated empty roads. It meant a lot of walking and too much time alone with her thoughts.

"Guys." Tara pointed to spray paint on ab electrical box, a map tapped underneath.

Terminus. Those who arrive, survive.

"Maggie would go there." Glenn examined the circled spot on the map. Del felt her heart finally begin to start again. Maggie would go there. Daryl, Kay, Jake, they would all go there.

"It's a long walk." Dels eyes followed the lines on the road. An idea popped into her head and she rushed back over to the truck, yanking Abrahams door back open.

"I have an offer."