𝙧𝙪𝙗𝙞𝙚𝙨

Daryls pov

"We crash here for the night, start back again in the morning." Daryl pushed a dresser in front of the door. Beth began lighting candles and Jake pulled his shoes off.

"Where are we going?" Jake laid down on the couch.

"We figure it out as we go." Beth tried to sound hopeful.

"Beth, you can have the bedroom. Ill take the floor," Daryl offered. She said her goodnights and disappeared into the room. Daryl made his way into the kitchen, searching through all the cabinets. Nothing. Nothing they could eat anyway.

"Anything good?" Jake asked from the doorway.

"Nah, just a bunch of moldy food. We will keep lookin' tomorrow." He felt bad he couldn't feed the kids better.

"Do you think were gonna find my sisters?"

Daryl didn't answer for a second. He didn't know what to tell him.

"Hope so."

"I know you miss her... Del. She likes you a lot."

Daryl said nothing back, just giving Jake a half smile.

"I like you better than David," Jake added.

Daryl walked past him, ruffling his hair.

"Get to bed, kid."

: ̗̀➛

"My feet hurt," Jake whined. Daryl felt bad making them leave so soon, but he knew they couldn't get comfortable in one place too long. He wanted to on the road, find as many of their group as they could. He knew they were wore out.

"Don't whine, Jake," Beth scolded. Daryl stared down the road, an electrical box with a map pinned to it stood at the edge. He rushed towards it, staring it down.

Terminus
Those who arrive, Survive

"We should go." Beth joined his side.

Daryl looked back, spotting a walker coming towards him. He shot an arrow through its head before cutting its gut open, stick his fingers in.

"Ew oh my god, what are you doing?" Jake gagged. Daryl ignored him, writing with the blood on the box.

He stood back and looked at the words.

"You think she'll actually see it?" Jake questioned, staring at the blood written note.

"Doesn't hurt to try." Beth shrugged.

"Come on." Daryl waved them
on.

: ̗̀➛

"A mechanic?" Beth questioned as they walked down the road.

"No." Daryl stared straight ahead.

"A homicide detective?" Jake guessed. Beth giggled. Daryl looked over at her, smirking.

"What's funny?"

"Nothing." Beth kept laughing.

"He's right actually. I just don't like to talk about it cause its a lot of heavy shit," Daryl smirked as he lied.

Jake stared at him for a second before nodding.

"Yeah, i'll keep guessing."

"Yeah, you do that."

: ̗̀➛

Daryl stared down at the jewelry case. Rings and necklaces winked their diamonds up at him. He imagined if he had met Del in the real world. He wouldn't have been able to afford anything nice for her. He didn't know what women liked. He had never bought anything for a girl. He would have for Del.

"You looking for Del?" Beth and Jake stood behind him. They made him get nervous.

"Nah, just looking," he lied, shaking his head.

"We will help you." Jake stepped up to the jewelry case, looking down.

"Del isn't a flashy girl, she won't want a big diamond." Beth examined the jewels.

"She won't want a tear drop shaped one either, her engagement ring was a tear drop."

Daryl stared at them searching for one.

"Her favorite color is red too. So maybe a ruby instead of a diamond. That suits Del." Beth pointed to the section of the case with rubies.

"Are you wanting a necklace or a ring?" Jake questioned.

Daryl felt weird that they had caught him looking for a gift for Del. He looked at his feet as he answered.

"..Ring."

"There's smaller rubies here. You should he the one to pick it for her. Come on." Beth pulled Jake away. Daryl looked down at the rings. One stood out. He didn't know if Del would like it.

He knew she was alive. There was no question. He knew she was so much stronger than she thought. He worried about how she would react to Hershel dying.

He reached behind the case, grabbing a small ruby ring in the shape of a heart, dropping it into his pocket and patting it as if it would keep it safer.

He missed her. He missed everyone. Rick, Carol, Glenn, but especially Del. It scared him how much he missed her.