𝙣𝙚𝙬 𝙛𝙧𝙞𝙚𝙣𝙙𝙨

Del drew her gun, instantly pointing it at the man. He and the black haired woman drew their guns too.

"We don't want any problems here. Me and you, we're one of a kind." The man smirked. She ignored the joke, looking down the barrel of the shotgun in her face.

She dropped her gun, pulling his gun to her forehead. The coldness of the gun dug into her skin.

"Kill me."

"What the hell? This woman is insane!" The man laughed, pulling his gun back, tossing it nonchalantly back over his shoulder. "I like it. I'm Abraham. This is Rosita and Eugene."

"Hey, he's got a pulse." Tara was knelt next to Glenn.

"Lets get him in the back of the truck." Abraham nodded.

Del stepped in the way of his path.

"You're not going to touch him."

"Look, girl. Your friend there looks half dead already. So you can take your chances with strangers helping you, or let him die out here on the road."

Del just stared at the man, running her options through her head. He was right. She stepped away.

: ̗̀➛

Del sat on the front of the military truck, just staring.

"Hey, just wanted to let you know he's okay. His pulse is back to normal." Taras voice was soft. Del said nothing back. She barely even heard her. All she could think of was Hershel. Of everyone at the prison. She knew for a fact Hershel was gone, but what about everyone else? What if nobody had made it out?

Tara walked away, realizing she wasn't going to get a response.

"Water?" Abraham handed a bottle of water to her, but she didn't move.

"Look, woman, you don't look so good yourself. Take the damn water."

Del looked up at him, continuing not saying anything.

"I don't know what you people have been through out there for you to make such an impression in the first few seconds, but we are on a mission. If you're not taking the water then you need to make a decision. You can either come with us, or we can leave you and your friends here."

"Mission?" Del finally spoke.

"To get to Washington D.C. My buddy Eugene is a scientist. He knows how all this mess started, and knows there is a possible cure."

"Cure?" Del could only process was he was saying bit by bit.

"It's classified information. I can't say much but I think I may have a way to stop this ." Eugene stepped confidently next to Abraham.

Del scoffed, almost busting into laughter.

"What the fuck does a cure matter? Look around us. Everyone is dead already."

"Although I hate your lack of optimism it doesn't bother me because I know I can cure all the dead and keep the living alive."

Del laughed, shaking her head. She was losing her mind.

"Who the fuck is this guy?"

"Eugene Herman-" Abraham gave his friend a look to shut him up.

"So are you coming, or not?" Abraham asked. Del just kept laughing. What did it matter? Where she went? How she got there? She lost everything. She had no purpose anymore.

"Fuck it."

: ̗̀➛

"Good-morning, princess." Abraham smiled in the rear view mirror, seeing Glenn sit up while the truck bounced down the road.

"Del?" Glenn looked to her for an explanation.

"It's okay. We're going to D.C."

"D.C? What? No! We have to go get Maggie-"

"Glenn, just stop."

"Stop the truck." Glenn demanded.

"We are on a time crunch here-" Abraham started.

"Stop the truck!" Glenn yelled. Abrham threw the truck into park so fast it scared Del. Glenn climbed out with a quickness, Del followed behind him.

"What are you doing?" She watched him begin gathering his things.

"I can't believe you. We don't know these people. We have to get to our people."

"Glenn, be serious."

Glenn looked at her with a look of shock.

"I can't believe you're so ready to give up on them."

"They're dead, Glenn."

"You don't know that!"

"Wake the fuck up! Jesus! I've been telling you people from the beginning this would happen! I told you all we would die! But nobody wants to fucking believe me! Look where we fucking are, Glenn! Hershel is dead! Everyone is dead!"

"You're going to give up that easy?! What about Jake, Kay, Beth, Maggie... What about Daryl?! You're giving up on our family!"

Del felt sadness wash over her. She hated herself for wanting to get her hopes up about everyone else being alive. Her siblings, her friends, Daryl...

"I..."

"Come with me."

"Glenn, let's just... Let's just ride with them a little longer, okay? It's faster this way. We will stop before we hit the highway. Please... you owe me."

Glenn hesitated before agreeing.

"Okay, before the highway, we go our separate ways with them. I'm serious, Del."