𝙨𝙪𝙣 𝙪𝙥

: ̗̀➛
"It's getting late." Beth stared out at the gravel road with me.
"What if they're dead?" Jake asked, oblivious. All of our heads snapped towards him.
"Seriously?" Carl asked.
"What?" Jake rebutted.
"They're not dead," Beth tried to reassure.
"You don't know-"
"Jake, seriously, shut up." I snapped at him. He looked confused as to why everyone was ganging up on him.
Just then, as if on cue, the pickup truck rolled up. I jogged to the gate, helping Jake and Carl pull it open. I got nervous every time that gate opened.
Rick stepped out of the truck, rubbing his head.
"Where's David? Rick, where is David?" My face began to numb, not seeing him in the car.
"They.. They took him. I don't know."
"Who?!"
"The people from Woodbury-"
"Well we have to go get him, right dad?" Carls stepped up.
Rick exhaled, thinking.
"Rick?" My voice shook. All the things they could do to him... I told him not to go.
"We talk to the Governor tomorrow-"
"They will kill him by then!" I pleaded.
"Not if we have Michonne. Thats what he wants. He knows once he kills one of ours the deal is off."
"You're not seriously going to give them her?" Jake asked. Rick looked at me, sorry in his eyes.
"Just wait until tomorrow, okay?"

: ̗̀➛

My leg bounced up and down while I stared at my cell wall, thinking of everything that could be happening to David. He had saved my brother, I owed him. He had looked for me. Had crossed states for me.
I stood up, grabbing my backpack and my gun.
"Where are you going?" Jakes voice scared me. He looked like he had just woken up.
"Go back to bed."
"You can't go out there, it's dark... and you're by yourself."
"Jake, go back to bed," I repeated, pushing past him.
"You're just going to leave?" The hurt in his voice made me stop, "We just got you back."
I thought about it for a second.
"I can't leave him. I owe him. I'll be back before sun up."

: ̗̀➛

I weaved through trees, trying to move as slow and as fast as possible at the same time. I listened to every movement.
I felt paranoid. I didn't even have a plan. I just knew I had to get to Woodbury.
Crunch!
I spun around, drawing my gun out if reflex. It wasn't a walker.
"Drop your gun, Del." David pointed the barrel of his shot gun at me.