𝙩𝙖𝙡𝙠𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙞𝙩 𝙤𝙪𝙩

: ̗̀➛
I pulled my shirt on, looking back at a sleeping David before leaving the cell.
I grabbed a bottle of water as I stepped into the common room, my eyes widening as I saw who was sat in there.
"Hey, Del." Andrea stared back at me. The tension was thick in the air. Rick stared her down.
"What are you doing here?" I tried not to sound hostile.
"Phillip, he's planning to attack-"
"Phillip?"
"The Governer."
"Why is he coming back?"
"He wants this prison."
"Well, he can't have it." Rick shook his head. It was the first time I had heard him talk in days.
"Do the others know?"
"They do," Rick turned to me, his eyes looked hardened, "We're attacking tomorrow night."

: ̗̀➛

Kay and I watched Carl and Jake chase each other through the grass.
"It's good seeing him being a kid." Kay folded her arms, "Both of them."
I agreed, looking over at her.
"I missed you so much. This... You all coming back to me... It's a miracle."
"I thought the same thing. Jake and David were already at Woodsbury when I got there. I thought you were dead..."
         I said nothing for a second, realizing she was going through the same grief I had been.
"How are you?"
"I'm alive... How are you?"
"Better than I was."
"So what's going on with you and David?"
I thought to the night before, us tangled up in the sheets. The door swung open, Daryl stepped out. He stared at me while putting his cigarette between his lips, going to make his rounds around the fence.
"What was that about?"
"I think that man is making me go crazy, Kay."
"Are you guys..."
"God, no. I don't know what it is."
          "What about David?"
          "It's not like that, Kay."
           "I'm not here to judge."
"Kay, I hope you don't care if I steal your sister away. I need to check her wounds." Hershel hobbled over.

: ̗̀➛

"Hurts like a bitch." I felt sharp pain shoot through my stomach.
"Well there's good news," Hershel pulled off his gloves, "Your stitches in your cheek are ready to come out."
"And my bullet wound?"
"That one is going to take awhile longer."
I groaned, just ready to heal. I was tired of being in pain.
"How are you feeling?" I asked, glancing down at his missing leg.
"Oh i'm up and moving, I couldn't ask god for more."
"You're moving around on those crutches with one leg than I can with both of mine." I smiled. He chuckled.
"I'm hoping your in higher spirits with David and your siblings."
"I am. I'm so grateful... but i'm still scared. Rick wants to attack Woodsbury tomorrow tonight... I don't want to but... I feel obligated to."
"You are not obligated to do anything. Rick is eternally grateful for you, he'll understand."

: ̗̀➛

     "Please just hear me out." Andrea pleaded. Everyone sat at the tables. David had his hand rested on my leg. It felt wrong but right at the same time.
      "Do you know what he did?" Michonne replied.
       "I don't want anyone to die."
        "She's right." I chimed in. Eyes fell on me, "Nobody else needs to get hurt or die."
        "He is planning an attack," Kay cut in.
        "Phillip doesn't want to kill anyone." Andrea rebutted.
        "Well you can tell Phillip that when I see him i'm gonna take his other eye out." Daryl leaned in the door opening. I glanced at him. He stared past me, right at Andrea.
        "Rick... Please." Andrea softened her gaze at Rick. He sighed, running his hand down his face.
        "You go back to Woodsbury, talk to him... and we can try, but if not...He can't have this place. Not here."