𝙝𝙤𝙢𝙚 𝙨𝙬𝙚𝙚𝙩 𝙝𝙤𝙢𝙚

: ̗̀➛
       I stepped into the cold, dark prison as Rick and Daryl dragged bodies out.
      "Home sweet home," Maggie sighed.
      "I never thought I would be excited to be in a prison," I laughed. She laughed too while we watched everyone pick their cell. I found an empty one, sitting on the bard metal bed.
       I looked around, inhaling deeply as I took everything in. I felt relief. We could make it safe, the fences, all the room.
       "This is nice." Hershel stood next to the cell door.
       "Yeah.. it is."
       I smoothed out the mattress, sighing.
       "I miss them."
       "Who?"
        "Everyone. David, Kay, Jake, Eddie, Patricia, Otis... Everyone."
         He shuffled over to my bunk, sitting down next to me.
         "You don't ever lose hope, though. Look where we are, we are blessed to be alive... and they are blessed to be gone. Everyday I thank god for keeping you and my girls safe."
        I nodded, looking down at my lap. My heart was heavy.
        "We are blessed."

: ̗̀➛

      "We will hit the cafeteria tomorrow. We all need to rest for tonight." Ricks voice echoed through the cell block. We all said our goodnights and headed to our cells. We were all exhausted. I climbed up the stairs to my cell, letting all my weight drop onto the bed as I stared up at the ceiling. This is what it felt like for the prisoners. Staring at the concrete around them. I was more grateful to be there than any of them could've possibly been.
       "Hey." Daryls shadow stood in the opening. I focused my vision on him.
       "Hey."
      "Just uh.. wanted to tell ya goodnight."
      "It's gonna be hard sleeping by myself."
      He looked me up and down, pursing his lips before sitting down in front of me on the cold floor.
      "What're you doing?"
       "Now you can sleep."
        I smiled at the comfort of his presence, giving him a gentle kiss on the head.
       "Thank you." I slept the best I had in a long time that night.