𝙙𝙞𝙚 𝙤𝙣 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙧𝙤𝙖𝙙

"We need to stop." Del broke the silence. Her body was giving up. Her sickness bore down onto her body. She could see Glenn wasn't doing well either.

"No, we keep going." Glenn panted, she put her hands on his shoulders, forcing him to the cement road.

"What the fuck-"

"Glenn, just a ten minute break then we keep going. You can't push yourself or you won't make it to Maggie alive."

Those words seemed to settle him down. He looked up at Tara.

"What's your name?"

"Tara."

"You were with him? The governor?"

She seemed to panic. Dels eyes burned into her, as much as she wanted to kill her for even associating with him she could tell she was an innocent person.

"We thought he was dead. He did this before." Glenn continued.

"I.. I didn't know. I didn't know who he was. He said you guys were bad... But then he kidnapped that samurai girl and old man... He killed that old man."

Dels whole world stopped with those words. She could hear her heart beat slowing in her ears.

"Hershel? Was his name Hershel?" Dels breathe was ripped from her lungs.

"I'm sorry..." Tara genuinely seemed apologetic, but Del didn't care. Those words made her entire world crash down.

She dropped to the road, dry heaving. Her eyes began to unfocus. All she could see was Hershel. She told him not to go.

"No. No!" She screamed as loud as her lungs would allow her. She couldn't bare the hurt on her chest. She wouldn't believe it. She sobbed, continuing to scream.

"No! Why? Why would you do this?!" She screamed at the sky, "I begged for forgiveness... Not him!"

She felt Glenn hug her tightly, pulling her into his chest.

"Shh, it's okay. It's okay, Del." He attempted to comfort her but she couldn't stop. She wanted to die. She wished she would have never made it out of that prison. Her dad, her real dad.

"No. God, no. Fuck!" She sobbed her body going limp in Glenns arms, "I want to die."

She hated herself for allowing herself to get so comfortable in the prison, for thinking everyone was safe, and she knew Hershel wasn't the only one dead. In her mind, everyone was gone.

She couldn't breathe, she couldn't focus on anything around her. Gravel dug into her skin. She wanted to lay on that road and die.

"Del-" Glenn started before he fell back onto the cement, his body limp. Del fell beside him, shaking him.

"Glenn, hey! Glenn, wake up!" Her eyes burned from the tears.

"Well, shit on a stick, they're alive."

Del looked up to see three people, a ginger haired man grinning down at her.