𝙗𝙚𝙝𝙖𝙫𝙚𝙙

Del stumbled out of the closet, holding onto the brick walls for support. Yelling and gunshots rang in the air, she peaked out a door, seeing a tank. On top of it was him. The governor.

"Rick!" Del yelled to Rick as he laid flat under some bleachers.

"Go! Get on the bus!"

Del watched everyone pile in. She didn't see any familiar faces. She couldn't leave Glenn behind. But seeing the governor filled her with rage.

She reached for her gun, stepping back into the prison. Suddenly she got a rush of strength, of determination.

The gunshots slowly stopped as she stepped out a side door, creeping up to the cars where people climbed in. She hid low, looking at all the faces. She only had one person she was looking for.

Walkers poured into the fences, the governors people scrambled into the trucks, pulling away. There he was, climbing into the tank. She ran up, gunshots flew at her feet. All her sickness, all the thoughts she would die, they left her body seeing him. She yanked the tank lid open, slamming it shut and locking it.

He began to turn to look at her but before he could, she put her knife to his neck. It was just them.

"Drop the gun, Phillip."

His gun clanked to the floor.

"Hello, Delilah."

She said nothing, holding the knife close to his throat. She had no questions if she could do it, but she wanted to hear the fear in his voice.

"You kill me then what?" He chuckled, "My men will eventually get in here, or you will eventually leave, and you will be killed."

"Pray for your forgiveness." His threats didn't phase her.

He did nothing, remaining silent. She cocked her gun, pressing it to the back of his head with her free hand. He slowly knelt on the ground. She kept the gun to his head.

He said nothing. Just kneeled.

"Out loud." She demanded.

"I have nothing to ask for forgiveness for."

Those words flew through her like bullets. Nothing to ask for forgiveness? What he had done to her.. To her people.

"Fine, you had a chance to act behaved." She brought the knife to his throat, slicing it. Blood sprayed up onto the wall in front of him. She turned him to look at her. His blood stained her face and clothes. He held the wound, gurgling on the blood.

She watched, feeling nothing but satisfaction. Watching him try to save his own life.

She knelt in front of him while he gargled. She wanted to make sure she was the last face he saw. She yanked his hand away from his neck, watching him toppled over. Then the gargling stopped. He was dead.

: ̗̀➛

Del climbed out of the tank, walkers reaching up for her. She stared at the prison. Her home. The life that was once there was replaced by the dead. Eddies cross had been knocked over. It hit her. Everyone could be dead. She lost them. She felt her heart breaking but tried to keep her mind on Glenn.

She stabbed as many walkers as she could before hopping off the tank, beelining to the gates. She swerved through walkers reaching for her.

"Hey!" A voice called, a dark haired woman held a gate door open for her. She climbed up, slamming the gate shut behind her.

"Who are you?" She pointed her gun in the woman's face.

"I.. Tara."

"Where is everyone?"

"I don't know. So many people.. They died. A bus left. I don't... I don't know."

"You were with him."

"I didn't know who he really was..."

Del looked at her face, able to tell she really didn't know the real him, able to see the trauma and terror. She lowered the gun.

"Do you want to live?" Del questioned. Tara nodded frantically. Walkers reached into the cage, groaning.

"You're going to help me get to my friend then."

: ̗̀➛

"Glenn." Del ripped the closet door open. Glenn sat right where she had left him.

"Oh thank god, come on." She hoisted him off the floor.

"Where's Maggie?" He coughed.

"They all are gone. I... I don't know. We have to get out of here."

"Who's this?"

"I'm... Tara. God, is he even alive?"

Del shot her a look as if to say shut up, she did.

"We'll hit the side doors, it will be the safest."

"We have to find Maggie," Glenn gasped for air.

"She isn't here, Glenn. We have to get to safety first."