𝙖𝙡𝙡 𝙖𝙧𝙤𝙪𝙣𝙙

: ̗̀➛
"Oh, good morning, Delilah. Rick wanted me to ask you to keep watch on the-" Lori started.
"I already told him I don't want any damn part of it." I filled up my cup of water, marching back to my room.
   I stared at my bible, mocking me from my night stand. It laughed at me, at my pitifulness. I couldn't bring myself to leave that room. I felt embarrassed. That was the only real emotion I could make out of the hundreds I felt. That and rage. At myself, at everything. It wasnt just Daryl. It was my family, the grass, the wind, the air around me.
The sun came and went. I ignored every knock at my door. Every hello that came from the other side. I needed to be alone, to have space to think.
I stared out the window, watching everyone outside prepare for bed. I saw Daryls shadow moving alongside his tent. I ripped my curtains shut, huddling into my bed. I didn't sleep. I just stared. I could only see the glimmer of my engagement ring twinkling on my hand in the darkness.

   : ̗̀➛

"She just sat in there all day yesterday."
"I'm gonna knock."
I ripped my door open to see Maggie and Lori congregated in the hall.
"You guys are really bad at whispering."
"We're worried about you."
"Don't be." I went to shut my door but Maggies foot blocked it. She pushed it open, forcing herself in.
"We are gonna talk, even if you don't want to."
Lori gave me a pitiful smile that made me want to vomit, before leaving, carefully shutting the door behind her.
"Leave." I stared blankly at her.
She sat on my bed.
"You are being a drama queen."
I narrowed my eyes at her, trying not to explode.
"Maggie, I love you so in the most respectful way-"
"Don't do this to me again... Please. You can't do this. You are shutting everyone out and it's killing me."
"I just... need to think."
"No. No more thinking, Del. You had your time to have your meltdowns and to shut yourself out but you are hurting me. You did this to me for a whole week before-"
"My brothers died."
"And I gave you your time to heal but I won't let this happen again, Del. You were doing so good."
"I wasn't.. I just... I made room for the pain, it never went away."
"What happened, Del?"
I bit back tears, avoiding eye contact with her so she couldn't see me this way.
" I don't know what to believe anymore, Mags... Death is all around me." I felt my tears land on my chest, rolling down. She smiled, wiping them from my cheeks.
"Believe that I love you, so much. You are my best friend, okay? And I got you. You got me?"
I nodded, sniffling.
"Good... then get it the hell together. This isn't who you are. You have been through hell and back and I have seen you still wake up and smile at everyone. I miss you."
"Okay," I squeaked.
She smiled, guiding me to the bed. I laid down as she crawled in with me, flipping off my light.

   : ̗̀➛