𝙘𝙤𝙢𝙚 𝙤𝙣, 𝙗𝙧𝙤𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙧

: ̗̀➛
       "He's not staying!" Rick barked. I watched from the courtyard, seeing him and Daryl argue out in the fields.
        "He's my brother!"
        "It's final, Daryl. He leaves today."
         I crossed my arms, watching Rick march toward me. I said nothing while he went back inside.
       "They're still arguing?" Lori joined my side.
       I looked down at her huge belly. Any day now. I was excited fir the baby. I was ready to see something so innocent and sweet.
      "Yeah."
      "I know you care for Daryl, but Rick is right."
       I watched Daryl angrily pace back and forth.
       "I know."

: ̗̀➛

      I sat on the hood of the car, watching Merle swing his backpack over his shoulder.
      "This is bullshit." Daryl shook his head.
      "He's dangerous," Rick replied.
       "Man, I ain't talking to you." Daryl swung his arm at Rick. Merle just smiled his mischievous smile. If he didn't mean anything to Daryl.. I would've killed him... and it scared me how ready I was to kill him.
        "You could come with me, baby brother."
       I stood, walking towards the pair. Those words made me nervous. Everyone looked at Daryl.
      "Daryl.." I muttered as our eyes met.
      "He's my brother."
      Those words single hand-idly shattered my heart. He was going to. He was going to abandon us.
      "You can't be serious." Rick stepped towards him. Daryl just looked at his feet, as if he was ashamed by the decision.
      "Okay then." Rick looked heart broken too, pulling Daryl into a hug. Daryl looked at me. I had tears welling in my eyes. He reached out for me. I smacked his hand away. He could leave? Just like that? No second thought.
      "Don't touch me." A single tear slipped down my cheek. He eyed me down, looking back at Merle as if he was reconsidering, but said nothing.
     I turned away from him, so he couldn't see me crying.
     "You stay safe, Del."
     Everyone began saying their goodbyes, climbing into the cars. I couldn't look at him. It was just me, him and Merle.
      "Go to hell." My lip trembled.
      "... Goodbye, Del." And his footsteps receded into the woods. I glanced over to see him in the trees. Our eyes met again until Merle pulled him away.
      "Come on, brother."
      And he was gone.