𝙢𝙤𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙧 𝙜𝙤𝙤𝙨𝙚

Del sat with Judith in her arms, reading the book to her. She felt bad the library had no baby books. She was stuck reading Moby Dick to her instead.

"No mother goose books?" Michonne leaned in the doorway.

"It's a prison library, they don't have much of anything." They both chuckled.

"Rick asked for her, wants to put her down for a nap. He's being extra clingy since Carls locked away."

"Can't blame him." Del shut the book setting it beside her.

"Were you a mom?" Michonne questioned. Del almost laughed at the question.

"Oh no, I didn't want kids."

"Pretty good with them for someone who didn't want them."

"What about you?" Del instantly regretted asking by the way Michonnes face dropped. She seemed to think about the question as if there was a right and wrong answer.

"No." Del could tell she was lying but didn't press the issue further.

"Were you like a samuri before? With the swords and stuff..." Del tried to change the subject. It seemed to work.

Michonne grinned, shaking her head.

"No, just a lawyer. You?"

"I worked as a bottle girl at a night club.. Exciting I know." Del realized how ridiculous that job sounded compared to a lawyer.

"You're pretty, sure you made good tips." Michonne smiled. Del laughed, shaking her head.

"No, just a lot of creeps. Go to work, come home to David and my dog, repeat. I would definitely do things differently if I got the chance again."

"What would you change?"

So many things flew through Dels mind.

"Would have finished college. Wouldn't have let myself work such a horrible job. Would have waited to get engaged. Would have done a lot differently. You?"

Michonne seemed to think hard about the question before answering.

"If I would have changed it, I wouldn't be here."

She had a good point. Del wondered if she had slightly changed her life then, where she would have been at. What if she hadn't came back home to take care of daddy? She wouldn't have reunited with Maggie or Hershel or Beth. She wouldn't have met Daryl. She wouldn't be in that prison.

"That's true. Hard to be ungrateful when you're alive. Lost people, people I cared about, but we all have."

Michonne quietly agreed. Del enjoyed talking to her, talking about the life that was long gone.

"You're lucky, you know," Michonne stared at Judith, "To found your family. Your siblings. Your best friend. People you knew before. You even built a family here. You're a lucky one."

Del had never thought about it like that, her mind was always stuck on Eddie and Davids death that she hadn't realized she had a family right in the prison. People who she would die for, that would die for her.

"You can be part of it too." Del smiled softly at her. She smiled back.

: ̗̀➛

"Are they okay?" Del asked as her sister stepped out of quarantine block.

"Delilah, I told you to get away from quarantine." Kay scolded, holding the handkerchief tight over her mouth and nose. It killed Del that Hershel and her went in there, but she knew there was people that needed taken care of. Beth was in there, Glenn and Carl were in there.

"But are they okay?"

Kay sighed.

"Karen died last night. People are dropping like flies, and nobody is getting better. Beth, Carl and Glenn are okay, though. Beth and Carl are holding up good. I'm worried about Glenn, though, his cough is getting worse."

Not exactly the news Del wanted to hear but knowing they were alive is what mattered the most to her.

"Hershel?"

"Not sick yet."

"And you?"

"Del, you have to stop worrying about everyone but yourself."

"Are you okay?" Del repeated the question.

"I'm fine for now, but you still need to keep your distance, it doesn't take much."

"I miss you guys."

"I know."