𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙡𝙚𝙛𝙩

: ̗̀➛
      "Everything went to shit without me." Daryl lit up his cigarette, handing me one as we walked along the fences.
       "I got my family back, though."
       "And your husband." He didn't look at me.
        "He's not my husband."
        "You don't gotta explain. I know you guys have history." His eyes looked sad. Smoke flowed from between his lips.
         "I missed you." I couldn't help but tell him, he had to know how deeply I wished he was there the entire time, "I missed you a lot."
       "I know." He puffed.
       "Why'd you come back?"
        He looked at me, his eyes scanning my whole face before he answered.
         "Merles just different now. Got different morals. He wants to be at Woodsbury and I want to be here."
        "I thought I was never going to see you again."
         "Merle told me what happened... with the Governer."
        My heart flipped. I felt like throwing up. I said nothing, my words caught in my throat.
        "If I would have known... I wouldn't have left with him."
         "He's your brother."
          "Why did you lie to me?"
           I stumbled over my words for a second, trying to find an explanation.
          "It was just another thing you would have to worry about."
          "You shoulda told me."
          "I'm a big girl, Daryl-"
          "That doesn't mean you gotta shut me out."
          "You left, Daryl."
          "You had time to tell me before."
         "No. You left me to figure it all out by myself. You knew your brother was the one who brought me there... and you left."
          "Don't be like that. You would do it too."
           I stopped walking, he took a few more steps before looking back at me.
          "What?" Smoke rolled from his mouth. The moon casted a yellow glow on his face.
         "Why did you leave me?" My voice trembled. It was squeaky. He could tell I was choking back tears. He took a step for me, reaching his hand out for me.
         "Del-"
         "I watched people, die, Daryl. Lori and T-dog died. You knew I was struggling and you left." I didn't know why all these emotions were coming up now, but they were, and I couldn't fight them back as my tears hit the gravel.
         "It's not like that. I didn't know what had happened. I didn't know-"
          "You left me. You let me open up and care about you and then just left. You can't do that to people, it's not right!"
         "Del, you need to calm down-"
         "Calm down?! You... Go fuck yourself!"

: ̗̀➛

David sat on his bunk, he nearly swallowed it up with how big he was. The side lamp was flipped on, a book in his lap.
"Del?"
I flipped the light off, leaning down to kiss him. His hands instantly went to my waist as we kissed, falling back onto the mattress.
"Hey," He broke away, "You okay?"
"Shut up." I crashed my lips back into his.