𝙨𝙤𝙢𝙚𝙗𝙤𝙙𝙮 𝙚𝙡𝙨𝙚

: ̗̀➛
       "Rise and shine, lovebirds," I chirped at Maggie and Glenn, who were still rubbing the grogginess from their eyes.
     "Those bunks kill my back," Glenn yawned.
      "Maybe if y'all didn't try to cuddle up on one tiny bunk together it wouldn't be as bad." I teased. Maggie giggled, running her fingers through her hair in an attempt to brush it out.
      "You're doin a whole lot of teasing for someone who had Daryl hidden away in your cell all night," She muttered, playfully smiling at me. I felt my face flush red.
      "It's not like that."
      "You're blushing."
       "Stop." I walked away from the conversation, rubbing my cheeks in an attempt to get the red off of them.
      "You okay?" Daryl sat at one of the metal tables, sharpening his bows.
      "Why?"
       "You face is red as hell."
       That made me blush even more. Rick walked in, saved by the bell.
       "Okay. Today we have to make our way to the cafeteria, grab whatever may be left. It doesn't look like this place has been touched so lets hope for the best."

: ̗̀➛

The halls were dark, and cold. I wished I could've stayed in bed just a little bit longer.
"Everyone stay close." Ricks voice echoed.
A door creaked open and everyone jumped before T-dog quickly drove his knife into a walkers head.
"It's okay."
Hershel looked back at me, motioning for me to get closer. I joined his side.
"You stay together." He instructed me and Maggie.
My heart raced a little with the silence. I stepped over a walker slumped against the wall. Then Maggie. Then Hershel.
Burghh!
A yell filled the halls as Hershel dropped.
"Daddy!" Maggie screamed. I dug my knife into the walkers head, looking down at Hershel clutching his leg. Blood poured from it onto the floor. I felt myself shaking. I couldn't look at him like that. I couldn't lose anyone else. Not him.
"He's bit!" My voice shook as I fell to his side, pushing his hair away from his face. His breath labored as he rocked, holding onto the bite.
"It's okay." I whispered to him, "We have to help him!" I screamed. Rick looked around frantically before putting one of Hershels arms around his shoulder. Glenn grabbed the other one, hoisting him off the floor.
I followed on their heels. We swung around the corner. Walkers filled the hall, all of their eyes landed on us. Groans bounced off the walls while the group lunged towards us.
"Go! Go! Go!" Rick yelled, directing back down the hall.
I stayed right behind Hershel, watching the trail of blood his bite left. I couldn't stand seeing his blood. I couldn't think. So many things ran through my mind. I couldn't see him like that. I didn't even care about the walkers.
"Here!" T-dog swung a pair of doors open. We all flooded in, slamming the doors shut.
They laid Hershel on the ground as Maggie and I immediately dropped to his side.
"Do something!" I cried, tears pouring down my face.
"He's in pain!" Maggie whimpered. I held his hand tightly. The warmth of his hand made my chest heavy.
Rick just looked at us, almost with pity. It made me nauseous, as if he was saying i'm sorry. Giving up on Hershel.
"We have to stop the infection from spreading!" I yelled. Rick quickly unbuckled his belt, looping it tightly above Hershels bite.
"He.. He's losing so much blood." I cried. My tears landed onto Hershels shirt.
Walkers pounded at the doors, trying to fight T-dog and Daryl away from them.
Rick looked down at his axe, taking a deep breath before swinging it down on Hershels leg.
I screamed, squeezing Hershels hand tighter while blood smacked my face. I squeezed my eyes shut, my face wet with a mixture of blood and tears.
"It's okay. It's okay." I kept whispering. I didn't know if I was telling Hershel, Maggie, or myself.
Ricks axe clanked on the floor. I looked down to see Hershels leg, dismembered from his body. His eyes rolled back.
"Oh god!" I checked his pulse. It was there.. Slow... but there.
"Jesus Christ." An unfamiliar voice came from behind the fence. There stood four men, looking at Hershel laid on the floor.