𝙞 𝙜𝙤𝙩 𝙮𝙤𝙪, 𝙢𝙖𝙜𝙨

Del tried to keep herself from shaking as she pointed the scope of the sniper on the cop. All she needed was the go ahead from Rick. She watched him climb from the cop car. The man didn't move. He had paralyzed him.

She watched Rick step to the man, leaning down. She turned the scope to the window of the building. Daryl stared out of it, right at her on the rooftop.

"What's happening?" Maggie questioned.

"Rick hit him with the car. I think he's paralyzed."

"They won't give Beth over when one of their men is paralyzed." Maggie shook her head.

Rick looked up at Del on the rooftop, giving her a nod. She pulled the trigger, a silent bullet flew into the mans head as he dropped dead to the cement. Rick walked back towards the buildings.

"Did you kill him?" Glenns voice shook.

"He was a dead man anyway." She lowered the sniper, staring down at the dead man on the road. She felt nothing.

Static hissed over the walkie talkie.

"Glenn?" Sashas voice came from the other side.

"Here."

"We're moving. Pack into the truck. Rick said for you all to wait by the doors. Noah says too many people in there will make them feel threatened."

Del grabbed the radio, bringing it to her mouth.

"They should feel threatened."

"It will start a war, we won't get Beth." Noahs voice said from the other end.

Del looked at Maggie to make sure she was okay with it before arguing. Maggie nodded.

"Heard. We're moving in now."

"Hey, Del?" Noahs voice said from the other side as Maggie and Glenn made their way down the building.

"Yeah?"

"Rick says to wait for his call if it goes bad."

She knew he meant if Beth was dead. She was grateful Maggie hadn't heard that part.

"Heard."

: ̗̀➛

Del sat with her face in her palms. She didn't want to look at the doors of the hospital, it made it feel too long.

"Why aren't they out yet?" Maggie questioned, staring intently out the window.

Del looked over at her. Seeing her suffer killed her. Del knew what it felt like to question if your sister was alive or not. She intertwined their fingers, giving her a hopeful smile.

"Just breathe. All looking at the doors is going to do is freak you out."

Maggie nodded, pursing her lip before looking at Del with pitiful look.

"I can't believe you're having to comfort me when you're pregnant, and had your sister and kids take off. Im sorry."

"You're pregnant?" Rosita snapped her head back. Abraham stared at her from the rearview mirror.

"Oh Jesus." Del rubbed the bridge of her nose.

Bang!

"Was that a gun shot?!" Maggie yelled, throwing the door open. Del's heart began to thud as she climbed out. Maggie tried to run to the doors but Glenn grabbed her.

"Rick said wait for his call!"

It seemed to calm her a bit.

Bang!

"Oh god." Del crouched as everyone began to panic. So many situations ran through her mind, none of them good.

"Oh god, oh god." Del shook her head, covering her ears. She didn't want to hear another gunshot. Maggie began to cry as Glenn held her. She felt Rosita wrap her arms around her.

"It's okay." She held her head. Del didn't reply, just tangled her fingers in her hair. This wasn't what she was expecting. She fought everything in her to run through those doors. Time seemed to slow. She tried to blink away the images in her head. She should have been in there. She should have made sure everything went smooth. She held the walkie talkie tightly in her hand, waiting for Ricks call, but it didn't come.

Suddenly the doors flew open. It all seemed to move in slow motion. All Del could see was Daryl carrying Beth in his arms, tears rolling down his cheeks. Del scrambled to Maggie, grabbing her and pulling her head to her chest.

"Don't look! Don't look!" She sobbed as Maggie wailed. Tears pooled on her shirt. Blood dripped from Beths forehead. Her eyes met with Daryls wet eyes.

"Don't look, Mags." She sobbed. She could feel her heart physically breaking.

: ̗̀➛

Del sat on her knees in front of the dirt pile as Gabrielle read from the bible. Maggie had her head laid in Dels lap, tears stained her jeans.

She couldn't process Beth easily under that pile of dirt. She deserved more than a pile of dirt. She deserved more than death. She was the innocence of the group, and she was gone.

Del glanced back to see Daryl taking off walking into the trees.

Rick began following behind him but Del grabbed his shirt, pulling him back.

"Let him be alone." She said softly. Rick nodded. She knew Daryl needed to grieve by himself, so did she.

She ran her fingers through Maggies hair, combing it away from her face. She looked down at her, wondering how she could hold it together this well. She wondered how she would react if she saw Kay dead. How would she be able to process? Maggie had went through her dad and her sisters death all within a month. She wondered if her own sister was alive, if the kids were. They would never get a burial like Beth.

Tears slipped down her cheeks. She could hear Beths beautiful voice singing un her head. She would never hear it again.

"Amen." Gabrielle said softly. A mumble repeated it back as everyone began maming their way back into the church. Maggie, Del, and Noah stayed at her grave.

"I'm sorry, Maggie." Noah apologized. Maggie sniffled, looking up at him with a confused look.

"I should have just let them take me... She's dead because of me."

"She's dead because of Dawn... Not you, Noah." Maggies voice was clogged from all the snot and tears. Noah nodded, wiping the tears from his eyes before heading inside. Maggie laid her head back in Dels lap.

"I get it now." Maggie stared at Beths grave.

"Huh?"

"I get why you're scared to have the baby now. Before... I would have done anything to have a baby with Glenn, but Beth was my baby, and she is gone."

Del choked back a sob, kissing Maggies head gently.

"I got you, Mags."

"I know."