𝙟𝙪𝙨𝙩 𝙛𝙧𝙞𝙚𝙣𝙙𝙨

: ̗̀➛
Del sat up, sun pouring into the guard tower. She was alone. Her clothes laid beside her, somehow a blanket got over her. She blinked her eyes, everything from the night before slowly rushed back into her head. She glanced around for Daryl. He had left.

She felt sadness swell up in her. They had made a mistake. He had ditched her.

She exhaled, rubbing her eyes before pulling her clothes back on. She made her way to the door, a note posted on it.

Helping Rick feed the pigs.

She rolled her eyes, stepping out of the tower. Everyone looked like ants from up there.

"Morning!" Maggie and Glenn smirked up at her.

"What?" Del groaned as she approached them, already knowing she was about to be teased.

"Yeah, your uh... shirts on backwards." Glenn chuckled. Del quickly twisted it, not saying anything to try and defend herself.

"Daryl is in a real good mood this morning," Maggie giggled. Del sighed, trying not to smile.

"Good morning guys." She walked away, dismissing the conversation.

"Del!" Hershel called her over to the table set up. Everyone stood in line getting vegetables and dry cereal.

"Yeah?" She yawned, rubbing her eyes.

"Just wanted to tell you good morning. Didn't see much of you or Daryl last night." He lowered his voice. Dels face felt hot, embarrassed by this conversation.

"Hershel, I-"

"You don't have to explain anything to me, okay? Just wanted to tell you good morning."

...

"That's a good read." Tyrese looked down at the book in Dels lap, she sat on the bleachers, occasionally looking around to see if she could spot Daryl. She had honestly been trying to avoid him all morning. She didn't know if things would be different, she didn't even know what to say to him.

"You read?"

"Used to. Sorry to interrupt, just wanted to tell you thank you for covering my shift last night."

"Don't mention it."

"Brought you this as a thank you gift." He handed her a chocolate candy from his pocket."Don't know if you like sweets but.."

She took it, thanking him. She spotted Daryl behind him, walking toward her. He had a look of determination on his face and her heart began to feel funny again.

"Mind if I borrow her from ya?" A toothpick hung from Daryls lips. Tyrese shook his head, departing.

"You move on fast, huh?" Daryls eyes followed him as he walked away.

"Don't be like that." Del could see the jealousy practically pouring from him.

"No, none of my business." He tried to seem like he didn't care but it was so obvious is made Del smile.

"It's not like that."

"Just thought I should come talk to you.. after last night."

Her smile dropped, she could feel her hands start to clam up.

She glanced around, seeing who was in earshot before replying.

"What about it?" She was so nervous, she suddenly felt shy.

"I don't know..." he cleared his throat, staring down at his boots, "Did you.. Do you feel okay.. about it?"

"Do you?" She felt like a school girl talking to her crush for the first time.

"I enjoyed it," he mumbled, as if he was embarrassed to admit it. Del could tell this conversation made him just as uncomfortable as her.

"Well, where do we even go from here?"

"Where do you want to go?" He finally looked at her.

"I'm.. I'm scared to.. you know.. get close. I like what we have now."

"Friends?"

"For now." She smiled weakly, hoping it wouldn't upset him. She knew if they moved onto the next step she would fall so hard and become so attached to him and the thought of anything happening to him made her want to die already, let alone if she let herself fall into her feelings for him.

"Okay," he replied softly, a look of understanding in his eyes. She gave him a kiss on the cheek, leaning into his ear.

"Don't think the sex wasn't amazing though, because it was."

She sat back, smiling at how red his face got with those words. He cleared his throat again.

"Stop," he muttered.

: ̗̀➛

"Just tell me about it!" Maggie followed behind Del in the library, a big childish grin on her face.

"You know, you're supposed to be quiet in a library." Del scanned the spines of the books.

"Del, come on! This has been a long time coming! I need the details."

Del sighed, tired of being hounded, knowing Maggie would never let up.

"Fine," Del looked around, making sure they were alone before continuing, "The sex was... so so good. Like, I might be addicted to it good... but we agreed to stay friends, nothing more."

"What?" Maggie practically yelled, "But you guys love each other?"

"I wouldn't say love-"

"Del, that's ridiculous. You know you can never go back to friends now."

"We can."

"It wouldn't upset you to see him with someone else?"

"No," she lied.

"You're such a liar. You two are insane. It's like you both are too big of babies to just fall in love."

"We are not in love, Mags. Now drop it."

"Whatever."