𝙜𝙚𝙩 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙣𝙜𝙨 𝙧𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩

TW

Before

"Del! Open the door!" Kay thudded on the other side. Del scrambled to chug the bottle of vodka.

"You said you would go to rehab! You said you were done!" Kay screamed.

"I'm just taking a shower!" Del screamed back. The door finally flew open, the lock busted.

"Open your mouth!" Kay forcefully grabbed her sisters face, prying her mouth open. Del tried to fight her away.

"You reek of alcohol," Kay snapped. Del could see her fighting away tears.

"I am just getting ready for a shower."

"You are killing yourself! Daddy is dying from this shit, and you are in here drinking! You said you stopped! You told me I could leave for college, that you would be okay!"

"I am okay!"

Kay swiftly slapped her sister across the face, a tingle stung Dels cheek. She was frozen. She had fights with her sister but never like this.

"I'm done. I paid for rehab. Does David even know?"

"There is nothing for him to know."

"You're a drunk!"

"I'm not! I'm done, Kay! I swear!" Del could barely stand.

"You're killing yourself."

"Kay-"

"No, Del. I'm done. You want to die, do it."

"What?"

"Take daddy's shot gun and kill yourself, it will be quicker than the way you're doing it."

"What the fuck, Kay?"

"I'm leaving tomorrow morning. I'm done taking care of you, Del. You're not my problem anymore."

: ̗̀➛

Now

Del sat on her knees, her eyes closed.

"Amen." She opened her eyes to see the Jesus statue staring down at her, judging her. A headache pounded in her head, her body weak.

She stood, turning to see Rick in front of her.

"Sorry to interrupt," he muttered.

"No, you're fine... Just.. Trying to get right with God again."

"Me too."

"Didn't know you were a godly person."

"Neither did I."

She chuckled.

"I don't know much of what I believe anymore. Hershel says this is the end of times, Gods way of testing us... I have a lot of things to get right with god before I go."

"I'm sure he will cut you some slack."

They laughed. Del felt herself get winded, and not from the laughing. Dizziness hit while her head throbbed. She left Rick to his prayer.

Del held onto the wall for balance, everything around her getting blurry. She didn't know what was going on as she stumbled past Maggies cell.

"Del?" Was the last thing she heard before it all went black.