𝙖𝙣𝙣𝙞𝙚 & 𝙖𝙗𝙚𝙡

Del scanned the store isles, her heart still thumped thinking about the message left on the electrical box. The blood hadn't been fresh. It meant they had to have been alive for at least two days. Maybe they had wrote it that morning.

She pushed cans of food into her bag, Glenn searched the other end of the store for toothpaste.

Click.

A man stood at the end of the isle with a gun pointed towards her, a woman on the other end.

"Who are you?" The man growled. Del wasn't even phased by the guns in her face. She just threw her back pack over her shoulder.

"Don't point those things at me if you're not going to shoot."

"Put back all of our stuff and we'll leave you alone."

"No."

"No? We need to survive out here, woman. Don't be stupid."

She looked up at the mirror sat in the corner, seeing Glenn two isles over, a gun in his hands. He pressed a finger to his lips to shush her.

"We all need to survive out here."

"Don't make us kill you," The woman cocked her head. Del scoffed. She wasn't scared. She only cared that Glenn would get out safe.

"Just throw me your bag and leave." The man directed. Del smiled at him, almost laughing. She placed her hand on her gun tucked away in her waistband.

"Go to hell."

They both cocked their guns back.

"We tried to-"

Del drew her gun, shooting the man square in the head. The woman shot at Del, screaming, but only for a second as Glenn ran up behind her, putting his hand over her mouth and taking her gun.

Del walked up to her, pressing her gun to the woman's forehead and pulled the trigger. Glenn dropped her body, blood splattered on both of them.

"Jesus christ, Del!" His eyes were wide and his voice shaken.

"She tried to kill us."

"You just... just shot them.."

"Don't think about it too much."

Del placed her gun back in her waistband, stepping over the body and going back to looking down the store isles. Glenn continued to stare down at the body.

"Hey! What happened?" Abraham ran into the front doors.

"They tried to shoot Del..." Glenn motioned to the dead bodies.

"Well fuckin hairy balls..." Abraham laughed at the bodies.

"Mom?" A small voice came from the back of the store. Two blonde haired kids poked their heads out and then the guilt and worry hit Del.

"Oh Jesus christ."

: ̗̀➛

"We can't leave them, Abraham. They're kids!" Rosita whisper shouted at him. The kids sat in the back seat of the truck. Del stared at them through the window.

"If Red here didn't decide to shoot their parents-"

"I didn't know," Del snapped. Guilt filled every inch of her body. If she would've known...

"Del was defending herself," Glenn spoke up.

"They will only slow us down," Abraham argued.

"Then I won't continue with you guys. Find Terminus on your own." Del watched the kids talk amongst themselves.

"Are you serious? You're the one who killed their parents-"

"I didn't know, damnit! Now either you let those kids come with us or you leave me with them here."

"I'm staying with her." Glenn stood by her side. Tara joined his.

"Me too." She added.

Abraham sighed, dragging a hand down his face, glancing at the kids in the truck.

"Don't be heartless." Rosita folded her arms.

"Fine. But they are not coming to D.C. with us. They stay at Terminus with you."

"Deal." Del nodded.

: ̗̀➛

"You got it?" Del watched as Abraham pressed on the gas. The truck engine revved. It had given out the first view attempts.

"Does it sound like it?" He laughed, revving the engine again.

"Can you shut that off? You're bringing in walkers," Glenn complained.

Abraham chuckled, turning the truck off.

"We are going to hit a few more stores then we can go."

"You people are asking for a lot." Abraham looked at Glenn, disappointed.

"We have to get extra supplies for the kids." Del pulled the truck door open, ushering the kids out.

: ̗̀➛

"What's your names?" Del looked down at the kids by her side, searching for clothes that would fit them.

"I'm Annie. This is Abel. He doesn't talk."

"Why?"

Annie shrugged, "He used to."

"How old are you two?"

"I'm nine, he's six and a half. What's your name?"

"Del." Del shoved some teeshirts into her backpack.

"Is our mom and dad dead?"

The question shocked Del, but she knew this little girl wasn't dumb. She could see the innocence behind her eyes gone.

"Yes," Del answered bluntly, guiding them back toward the truck, "You're going to come with us."

"Are you our new mom?"

"No." She hoisted the siblings back into the back seat.

: ̗̀➛

"Are we going to live with you now?" The truck bounced down the road. All the questions were wearing Del down. She was trying to cope with Hershels death, with the note left by Daryl, Beth and Jake.

"You can live with whoever you want." Glenn answered for Del, giving her a weak smile.

"I want to live with her. She gave us good snacks." Annie pointed at Del. She didn't want the kids to live with her. She didn't want to have them at all. She regretted killing their parents, not because she felt guilt for being a murderer, but because she couldn't handle taking care of two kids. She couldn't even handle taking care of herself.