𝙩𝙝𝙧𝙤𝙪𝙜𝙝 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙘𝙡𝙚𝙖𝙧𝙞𝙣𝙜

Del sat with her eyes closed, bouncing her head off the car walls. She was at a stand still, she couldn't let them die there. She wondered if Glenn was being killed. Who all had cane there? How many of her loved one had already been murdered?

"Del?" Tara whispered to her. She sat with the kids cuddled up to her. It had felt like hours in there.

Del didn't say anything, just looked over at her.

"I just want to say, I don't know whats going to happen, but thank you... Back at the prison, you didn't have to save me, and you did. Even if we die today you gave me a few more days of life."

"We aren't dying today. We're going to get out, I just-"

Boom!

The sound made her ears ring. The kids jumped up, screaming.

"What the fuck was that?" Tara yelled. Screaming rang through the air from the outside. Del rushed over to the door. Smoke filled up the air, people ran, yelling.

Boom!

Another one. She could see fire, walkers littered the grounds. They tore people apart.

"What's going on?" Annie cried.

"Some fire... I... I don't know."

Del banged on the car door, yelling out.

"Glenn! Glenn! Hey!" She screamed. She knew he probably couldn't hear her, she didn't even know if he was in the car next to them anymore. She tried. She knew she would either die in there from being left or die from being killed.

She continued banging on the doors, trying to yell out to the people running. Trying to get someone's attention to get out.

Suddenly the door flew open. Sunlight blinded her for a second. Her vision came into focus. Carl, Michonne, and Rick stood in front of her.

"Rick?"

"Come on!" Rick pulled her from the car, Tara and the kids followed behind.

"Where's Glenn?" She yelled over the screaming as they tried to clear a oath through the walkers.

"They are going up the hill! Stay close!"

They reached a fence, Del practically threw the kids over. She hoisted herself over last, bolting up the hill and through the trees. Once they got a good distance they all paused to catch their breath.

"What the fuck just happened?" Del gasped.

"I can't explain now... Good to see you alive." Rick pulled her into a hug. She held him tightly. To see someone familiar, to hear his voice.

She gave Carl and Michonne a quick hug.

"Come on, they should be through this clearing." Rick guided them through the trees.

: ̗̀➛

The walk had felt forever. It felt hours long even though it was just seconds. The group was huddled in the trees, embracing. The first face she saw was Jake. Del bolted to him, nearly knocking each other off their feet from the hug.

"Oh thank god!" She cried, holding him tightly.

He sobbed quietly onto her shoulder. She could have stayed there forever.

"Hey.." Maggies soft voice came from behind her. Del didn't even say anything before giving her a hug.

"I'm so sorry, Mags," Del cried. She felt so much guilt. Maggie didn't get to have a reunion with her dad.

"We'll be okay."

She pulled back, scanning all the faces. Her eyes met with Kays, who was standing in the back, just smiling softly at Del. Del ran to her, giving her a hug next.

"Thank you god." Del could hear the smile in Kays voice. The warmness. The joy that had filled her. Everyone she loved, there, alive, holding her.

"Hey," Kay nudged her, nodding past her. Del spun. Her eyes met with Daryls. They both froze, just staring for a split second before he ran to her, embracing her so roughly she stumbled back, but she didn't let go. He lifted her into the arm, his arms tight around her.

"Oh god." She heard his voice crack. She couldn't even say anything. She just sobbed, clinging onto him. She didn't want to ever let go. She wanted to hold onto him forever. His hand held the back of her head, she felt his quiet tears land on her shirt.

This was a feeling she had never felt. The amount of relief that hit her... It was overwhelming. It was almost too much. It made her heart almost give out. She needed it. She needed to be held by everyone she loved.

She pulled back, holding Daryls face, just looking up at him.

"You okay?" His voice was soft.

"I am now."