Chapter 5

The car ride was silent, My father sat in the front passenger seat while Lix and I were in the back

The car ride was silent, My father sat in the front passenger seat while Lix and I were in the back. Our driver looked scared, I couldn't blame him. I would be terrified If I were him. Not many people knew what my Dad was like, only the Hwang's, and the servants who worked at our 'home'. It hurts to call it home, I can't look at it like that. Home is supposed to be a safe, warm place. There's nothing safe about my home, and nor is there anything warm about it.

I felt a shiver run down my back, my father was eyeing me through the car mirror. I didn't dare to look back at him. Somethings different, this party was unplanned. The hosts were also kept a secret from me . Felix didn't tell me anything.

The maids had forced me to wear such a revealing suit. I didn't have an under shirt on, my white suit jacket revealed my bare chest, my white dress pants were hugging onto my thighs. The clothes were quite uncomfortable. There was a large scar on my stomach that I didn't need strangers seeing, it was just barely covered. My hair wasn't bothered, nor did they brush it out. My gray eyes were hidden by my platinum hair. I didn't like that at all.

The car stopped at a large banquet hall. The outside was decorated with flowers and banners. I didn't have a chance to read what it said because I was immediately pulled inside by Felix. He's up to something, well more like my father is. Felix has no choice but to listen.

The inside of the hall was much more fancy, a golden chandelier was hanging from the ceiling. The chandelier had 2 layers with white pearl like chains hanging. The ends of the chain had diamond in the shape of an almond. The details engraved on the chandeliers were ethereal. I probably sound like an architect now. I was just surprised since I haven't been to a banquet like this.

There were circular wooden tables set around the large room. A stage at the very front. Is it a product launch? Someone must have put a lot of money in this. Felix hadn't let my hand go at all. The moment we were inside I was attacked with questions.

The news reporters were asking me questions nonstop, I couldn't translate a thing they said.

"He won't be answering any questions right now," Felix smiled innocently before dragging me to a table. What the actual fuck is happening?

"What's going on?" I asked, my voice didn't sound nice in the slightest, I just kept my poker face on for display.

"Nothing," Felix avoided eye contact with, he was a good liar, not with me though. He could never lie to me.

"Lix," I said in a low but soft manner. I sucked at being intimidating.

"I'll tell you everything later, I promise." Felix held my hand looking me in the eye, he was guilty. I know it. The look on his face says everything. If he was forced to do this, then I have no choice.

"Lee Felix," I spoke his name. "If our father did this, if it was his idea. Then it's his fault as well." I said hoping some of my words would bring comfort to him. "So none of this is your fault, I will never blame you for anything that happens to me," I smiled. "You know that right?" My smile widened when my younger brother pulled me in for a hug.