15

A few months later

I frown when Neville tosses a newspaper to me while passing me sitting on the steps.

Picking it up I feel my eyes water up seeing the mass break-out announcement with my mother's photo.

I jump up holding it tightly in my hand running to the medical wing, rushing into Madam Pomfrey's office I hold it up where she can see.

"Are you worried?" She asks frowning.

I bite my lip sitting down across from her "My boggart is her, she yells at me, tells me I'm a disappointment and disowns me, sometimes it shows her being killed" I whisper.

"I doubt she would see you as a disappointment dear, You know I had tea with her while she was pregnant with you many times".

I frown looking at her "What?"

"I was the only healer she trusted, she would send an owl and I would go to her then we would have tea, I remember one day I found her crying in your nursery she kept insisting you would hate her, think she didn't love you because she couldn't knit you a perfect blanket without magic it came out this lumpy and strangely shaped uneven thing".

I frown messing with a loose strand of my hair "I love that blanket, I still sleep with it" I
mumble.

She nods putting her arm around my shoulders "You are scared she will hate you when you finally get to meet her since you were a tiny babe, she was scared you would grow up hating her over a blanket. I'm sure even now she's scared you will hate her for any reason her mind decides to give her".

I bite my lip playing with the strand of hair "I'm overreacting, being irrational Right?"

"A bit yes, but between the hormones of being a teenager and what your mom gave you, it
comes naturally for you" she says chuckling "I can't count the number of times someone was
sent to me because she lost her temper, or she was sent to me because she hurt herself having
a meltdown".

Some time later

Walking down the road with Pansy on my arm, Milli walking with Tisi the same way, enjoying our last Hogsmeade weekend before the Pink Frog ends them, I look around seeing everyone in my group happily shopping as I push my way into Honeydukes.

Pansy smiles when I grab a small basket with an extension charm on it, She tugs me along looking threw the candies tossing in Chocolate Skeletons, Salt Water Taffy, Sugared Butterfly Wings,
and Glacial Snow Flakes.

I chuckle looking at her "Anything else?"

She looks around frowning "I thought about getting No-Melt Ice cream but changed my mind".

I nod leading her to the Unusual Tastes section grabbing Blood-flavoured lollipops.

Pansy curls her nose looking at me "Don't give me that look Pans, I like them" I coo laughing.

"Just get Acid pops if you want something gross" she snarks.

I cackle looking at her "I like those too, but you banned me from getting them because you didn't like my tongue having a hole".

She huffs pulling me to pay "None of us did".

"Not true, Milli and Tisi loved it because it could cause me more pain" I whisper gently tugging her hair.

She shivers looking at me "Don't start something Black" she growls turning to face me, fisting my hair before kissing me roughly.

Paying for the sweets we walk out and look around, till Tisi and Milli come up looking around out of breath "Come it's important" Tisi hisses tugging my arm.