chap th. five

i approached the girls who sat down, smoking and sniffing cocaine.

ew.

i didn't say anything to them as i rubbed the back of my opposing hand nervously.

"ooh. drugs." victoria laughed and iris smiled at her.

"joining the party?" iris joked and victoria and meridith nodded. "her too?" iris nodded to me as she exhaled the smoke.

"hmm, yes." victoria responded. "she pussied out but then she decided to come with us.

"interesting. the good girl is finally letting loose." another girl said. I've seen her around before but I've never spoken to her. "the name's laura."

laura has straight black hair that was shoulder length like mine and she has really pretty eyes. i couldn't see the color of her eyes clearly but i could tell they were really pretty. i smiled at her.

"nice to meet you."

"likewise." laura smiled back at me.

i thought iris was the only one who did this stuff. there are three other girls that sat with her, doing unholy stuff- cocaine, smoking weed, taking some sort of pills. i took a deep breath. i feel like if i didn't do this, i'd be called a pussy and then, maybe, victoria would've stopped being my friend and i did not want that.

"what are you interested in?" laura asked me.

"uhh-"

"let her try the weed, the dried ones." iris said to laura and meridith and victoria sat down beside each other, victoria being beside iris and meridith beside her.

the way she said that was suspicious and weird.

laura rolled me a blunt and i swallowed harshly as i sat beside meridith, curving the little space. i crossed my legs.

"alright so here's how this goes." iris said. "anything that happens here, stays here. you didn't see anyone and not one of us was here. we didn't give you anything, no mentions of anyone here. got it?" she motioned to the three of us and we nodded. "especially you, marielle. i know you're close with miss gibbens."

i nodded.

"no, of course not. i know how to keep secrets." i rushed out.

she nodded and handed me the blunt.

i smelled it hesitantly and scrunched my nose at the smell.

"you're pretty." laura said and pointed her finger at me that held another blunt.

"thank you." i smiled at her.

"you should let me take you out some time."

oh!

bold.

"oh, i have a girlfriend, laura."

"damn." she frowned. "if anything goes wrong, you can hit me up though. just come to 09 and you'll find me." laura winked and i laughed.

i doubt it will.

"do you want to do the cocaine first? it'll loosen you up." meridith said and shoulder-bounced me.

"sure, whatever."

-

i let out a long breath.

"fuck." i laughed. i rubbed my hands over my face and blinked rapidly. i was seeing little white dots in my vision but i wasn't complaining. "one more, laura." i stretched my hands out towards her.

she laughed and pushed my hand away.

she came closer to me and looked into my eyes.

"you're really pretty." laura muttered. "i wouldn't mind to be there for you if you need any little thing."

i tutted.

"my girl will kill you if she knows you're hitting on me." i teased.

"unless you're with someone in a high position then i don't think they can do much damage."

"take your eyes off her, trust." victoria told laura and laura looked at her and then back at me.

"i need to meet this girlfriend of yours."

"soon." i patted her shoulder. tomorrow.

laura rolled me another blunt and i smiled and she placed it between my lips.

"i'll risk it for you."