chap. fo. four

lorena gibbens
the next day

i woke up with a massive headache. i rubbed my temples with my eyes still closed and suddenly, the scent of eggs greeted my nose. my eyes fluttered open and i looked at the clock. 8:34.

"you're awake." i heard marielle say from the island and i looked at her. "how'd you sleep?"

"i slept pretty fine. wanna go back to bed though."

marielle chuckled.

"you got a long day ahead of you and a long night, too."

i looked at her in confusion.

marielle brought me my breakfast and i took the tray from her. it contained a cup of coffee, water, tylenol, a plate that contained avocado toast and scrambled eggs and fresh parsley.

"thank you." i thanked her and marielle pecked my cheek and sat down on the bed.

"i woke up long before you, showered and decided that i was going to clear your schedule for the day so that you can have some time off but there are important stuff that needed to be attended to today. you have a meeting at 11 with an ally about them wanting stronger defenses, another meeting at 2 with francisco about purchasing a piece of land from him because he no longer has any use for it and an invitation to club vixen. you're getting paid 150k just to show up. according to the invitation, it'll cause the attraction there to go up for some time so money will flow quicker." she explained, listing the points on her fingers.

i hummed as i made a sandwich with the contents that laid in the dish.

"and you thought those were important?"

"they sound like a one-time deal so i thought you'd want to take them up plus other than all the money, the meeting with your ally sound serious so yes."

i smiled at her.

"i'd clear my entire schedule if you want me to. people know better than to question my authority." i told her.

"well i don't want you to but if its best for you, then that's what i want."

the smile stayed on my face.

she's so considerate.

"come here, baby." i rested the tray on the bedside table carefully and marielle came closer to me. i pulled her on my lap and made her straddle me. i made her lean over so that she was leaning down closer to my face and placed my lip to hers.

i haven't kissed her in so long.

her soft lips molded perfectly against mine. i missed the feeling of her lips against mine.

our lips moved in perfect sync and marielle rested her palms beside my head. she pulled back from the kiss soon, resting her forehead against mine. our lips grazed as we caught our breaths and i felt her smile.

"even though we need to talk, i do have to agree, i missed that." she muttered. "so bad."

marielle placed her lips on mine once more and this time, it was filled with need. i placed my hands further down, resting them on her ass and situated myself better beneath her. marielle's lips moved against mine in a way that said 'i need you' and i wont lie, i need her too but not under these circumstances where there's so much to that needs to be said.

i flipped us over and pinned her down to the bed. i looked down at her lustful eyes and narrowed my eyes at her.

"not like this." i told her. "talking first and then whatever after, yeah?"

marielle hummed and i pecked her lips.

"good girl."

-

the book is almost done guyssss. ab 10-20 chapters left or so. depends rlly. might js let it be 55 or 60 chapters