chap th. seven

lorena gibbens

i groaned and rubbed my temples.

i didn't sleep with her last night. i knew she was still in my room because i could hear her crying. my heart clenched in pain when i heard her. it took everything in me to not go and hold her but i refrained successfully.

i wasn't angry at her- actually that's a lie. I'm angry with her but majority of my anger is directed to her "friends", especially victoria. i expected this from anyone but Victoria.

i showered and got dressed from the guest room and headed downstairs towards the main kitchen. upon my presence, the workers bowed in respect and aliyah, my chef rushed towards me.

"good morning, ma'am. what can i get for you this morning?" she asked politely and i smiled at the girl. she tucked her brown hair behind her ear as her green eyes stared at her shoes. i knew her eyes were green because she's been working for me since forever.

"good morning." i said. manners is important. "just waffles with strawberry syrup and coffee, just the way i like it."

"on it, donna." aliyah bowed once more before yelling out my breakfast orders to the chefs.

i laughed.

so small, yet so demanding.

reminds me of marielle.

"you can have it delivered to my office. let yourself in." i told her and she gave me a thumbs up and i left the space.

i headed towards the field. i had to check how the new recruits are coming along. they've been here for two months and I'm sure their progress is wonderful.

nothing but the best here at bright moon.

i cracked my knuckles as i watched beyonce at work.

she was my best friend- sorta, friends with benefits- used to be - and she was also the head trainer-slash-head warrior-slash-head officer.

"punch!" she yelled. "draw! set! punch!" she clapped at one of the new recruits that recently came.

"45 degrees and punch, kaiser! fist outwards and punch. straighten your hand, turn and punch! punch! punch! punch!" she yelled at him.

poor guy looked like he was about to shit his pants.

"good! now keep that same movement going, kaiser. you have a bright future ahead of you. take 5 everyone!"

aww, i taught her well.

the trainees sighed and got out of format before walking to the side to converse and have a water break.

"bestie!" beyonce squealed and i gave her a look. she grinned. "where's my favourite person in the world?"

i scoffed.

"she's off doing god knows what. probably what she's assigned to." i shrugged.

beyonce looked at me with a weird look.

"okay then."

"i'm here to look at the first batch of recruits that came in a few months ago and their progress. i need to see who needs to be taking extra lessons and who's the best." i informed her and clasped my hands together behind my back.

beyonce led me to where they were and i looked at them as they were trained by massimo.

he yelled commands at them in Italian and i examined each of the 50 trainees carefully.

hmm.

i approached the group and stood beside massimo. everyone stopped training and stood straight, bowing at my presence, including massimo.

"donna." the trainees said in sync and i nodded at them.

let's pick, choose and refuse.

- marielle hollis -

i finished cleaning her room, leaving quickly. richard saluted and i smiled at him and scurried down the corridor and headed towards the microwave. i went to the kitchen and saw the head chef, aka lorena's chef, aliyah. she hollered at me and i walked over towards her.

"can you deliver miss gibbens breakfast to her office, please?"

i swallowed harshly.

think of an excuse. think of an excuse.

"i'm not supposed to leave and re-enter once I'm done with the cleaning. it's considered as breaking the rules." i blurted out.

aliyah nodded.

"okay, marielle."

i nodded and gave her two thumbs up and took up my breakfast from the assigned spot and headed towards the quarters i shared with four other workers. i ate some of the food on the way and when i got to the room, i saw victoria sitting down on the bed.

i froze as i stood in the door way.

she hasn't heard me as yet and that's a good thing.

i backed out of the room slowly and headed back down the corridor that i came from.

i should've kept my mouth shut.

i don't know what happened to her or the others but it can't be any good.