Chapter - 42

" What the hell are you doing ? ! " Yibo roared. He was standing in some office like room with Mr Kang who was not even bothered by Yibo's stoic face.

" So rude ? You know I'm as older than you as your brother." Mr Kang said clicking his tongue.

" Cut the crap ! " Yibo almost shouted.

" You can't intervene in my buisness. Wang Empire is a company on top." Mr Kang said.

" Bullshit ! " Yibo said. The man in front of him owned himself a Empire in his country, Owner of trillions. The man in front was no joke and Yibo knew that. He was the one who helped him to build his company in Korea. The K construction was just a grain of his seven starred dish. He did not need Wang Empire neither Wang Empire needed him.

" I was just getting bore." Mr Kang said, leisurely. He too knew Yibo's temper. It's better not to mess him more otherwise devil would come out but he was not afraid because he knew with  a devil there was an angel too.

" And you know it's really amusing." Mr Kang said with a smile.

" I told you not to intervene too much. " Yibo said.

" Yibo , I know everything and also I can see everything. You tell me , why are you avoiding him even after knowing everything ? " Mr Kang said, seriously. It was a tone not opressing but like an elder talking to his younger family.

" It's the right thing. Even after everything, I still am... " Yibo said. He was calm now.

" Don't ! " Mr Kang glared. Now he was looking angry.

" I am. " Yibo said. There was a bitter smile on his lips.

" I don't want to think about useless things now. I have much important things to do. Don't do anything. I don't have time to clear another mess." Yibo said and left.

Mr Kang sighed. He knew Yibo since the early days of his CEO. He remembered the twenty year old young man struggling,  fighting, paving his path , leaving the young dreams behind for his responsibilities. He admired him , respected him.

" I really hope life will give you your share of happiness." Mr Kang mumbled sadly.

***

Lu Ming took Xiao Zhan to a beautiful place where everything was illuminated with lights. They were twinkling like stars. When Xiao Zhan came outside, he was not looking anywhere as his mind was too absorbed in his ex husband's thoughts.

Lu Ming took him to the centre where a table was prepared beautifully for dinner date.

" I want to have dinner with you but you already have so I come straight to the point." Lu Ming said.

Xiao Zhan came out of his trance and looked around and a weird feeling crept in his heart.  He glanced at Lu Ming, waiting for him to continue.

" Xiao Zhan , I like you . No , I love you. Please give me a chance. " Lu Ming said , getting in his knees with bouquet of roses and continued," I like everything about you. Please give me chance and I won't let you disappoint on your decision."

" What..... You.... How. ???.." Xiao Zhan was too shocked to speak.

" Please give a chance, Zhan ." Lu Ming said.

Xiao Zhan closed his eyes and heaved a deep sigh.

" Get up first." Zhan said, opening his eyes.

" But..." Lu Ming was reluctant.

" You get up and I'll give me answer." Zhan said.

Lu Ming stood up .

" I can't accept it. I'm sorry." Zhan rejected straight forwardly. He did not like giving people fake hopes and left them hanging.

" I only see you as a cousin like Cheng ge and Yanli jie." Zhan added.

" But I like you. " Lu Ming said. He was hurt by Zhan's rejection but he was not ready to give up easily.

" I don't like you that way , Lu Ming. "

" Zhan , it's ok , you don't like me now but you can give a try. You are not married anymore. " Lu Ming said , making Zhan stunned.

" What ...."

" I heard aunty Jiang that you have divorced your husband. Well , it does not matter to me. When I heard you are living again in Jiang Mansion, I thought it was my chance. I don't care what happened in your marriage life. Even you would have not divorced but it was clear from your stay in Jiang Mansion that you have left your husband so it's alright for you to move forward. I will never judge you because of your past." Lu Ming said.

Zhan was just looking at Lu Ming blankly. His words seemed to remind Zhan a lot of things. Marriage life , divorce, past, his past , his husband and one thing which was still clear in his mind like yesterday was that day in the office of Wang Empire.

Seeing Zhan staring at him , Lu Ming , did not understand what Zhan was thinking but he called him , making him come back to reality.

" Zhan , what happened ? " Lu Ming asked.

Xiao Zhan shook his head and spoke," I can't. I'm married or divorced , it does not matter. I just can't like you in that way. Don't waste your feelings and time on someone like me. "

Seeing Zhan firmly rejecting him , Lu Ming felt heartbroken but he still had hope.

" Ok , then let me pursue you. " Lu Ming said stubbornly.

Zhan sighed and nodded.

" Do whatever you want but nothing will change. You will only get hurt. I'm warning you." Zhan said. He was amusingly confident that he would never fall for Lu Ming no matter what.

" Thank you. " Lu Ming said.

With that they both went back.

***

" Ge, is Ying here ? " Wang Yibo asked standing at the door of his brother's room.

" Hm , come in , Bo." Huan answered from inside.

Wang Yibo entered and saw his daughter, sleeping peacefully with his brother.

" She wanted to hear story." Huan said with a gentle, smile while patting his niece.

" Hm , she has that habit." Yibo said, fondly.

" Why are you still up , ge ? " Yibo asked as it was really late.

" I just could not sleep. " Huan said.

" Ge , don't worry about anything. " Yibo said in assuring voice.

" You don't let me worry . How can I ? My brother has grown up so much. " Huan said looking at his brother. Once that little brother used to sleep in his arms at night when he miss their parents but now he was big enough to assure him even after getting hurt.

Yibo gave a small smile to his brother.

" I'll put her in bed." Yibo said.

" Hm and you rest too. Don't let me find you on your desk in morning." Huan said the last sentence sternly.

Yibo nodded and picked Ying in his arms.

" Good night, ge ." Yibo said.

" Good night." Huan said.

Yibo left the room and went to Ying's room. He tucked his daughter carefully before taking place beside him.

" Little penguin..." Yibo whispered, caressing Ying's hair.

" Dada will make things good. Trust dada , ok ? " Yibo said in low voice and planted a chaste kiss on her forehead.

Today he did not want to go in his room neither he wanted to work. He was feeling exhausted.

He laid down while hugging his little Yi'er like he wanted to soothe his soul and heart.

Feeling the warmth, the little body snuggled in big body, under the patting of fatherly love.

*****