Chapter - 57

After his studio, Xiao Zhan directly went to Jiang Mansion. He was beaming with happiness. He did not have to dwell on revenge. Now he had best lover . He could enjoy his art once again. There was nothing weighing his heart anymore.

It was already evening when he arrived home. He went straight to his room and took a shower. After being all freshen up, he sat on his bed.

Today's incident flashed in front of his eyes. The interaction between Yibo and Liu Zheng had left and impact on his mind. He knew something more was there.

He did not hear what his lover said to Liu Zheng in the end but the horror on Liu Zheng's face was evident. It was clear that whatever Yibo said was not simple.

He was in his thoughts when his eyes drifted to balcony of his room. He remembered Yibo liked to sit there. He got up and stood there.

" Why you like this place ? " Zhan mumbled.

Then he smiled to remember Yibo's laughing face. It was ethereal.

He stood there for a while then he went downstairs to have dinner. Everyone noticed the beaming face of his. They were glad to see him like that because unknown to him he had forgotten to smile genuinely.

After dinner Zhan went to his room again. He was about to change in night wears when he heard knock. Zhan told the other person to enter and saw her mom coming inside.He gave a smile to his mom.

" Mom " Zhan said.

" Just want to talk with you." Mrs Jiang said.

" You can talk to me anytime mom." Zhan said.

Mrs Jiang smiled and then they both sat at the edge of bed. Mrs Jiang caressed her son head .

" Are you happy ,Zhan ? " Mrs Jiang asked even though she could see on his face.

" Yes, mom." Zhan said.

" I'm glad."

" So how was your day ? "

" Great mom. I went to studio." Zhan told being all excited.

" That's good." Mrs Jiang said.

" Mom, can I ask something ? " Zhan asked.

Mrs Jiang nodded with a smile.

" Why did you like Yibo when he came first time ? "

" Does it really matter now ? " Mrs Jiang asked.

" Not really. I'm just curious. Tell me , mom." Zhan whined in the end.

" You can say it was a mother instinct. " Mrs Jiang said.

" Mom , eloborate." Zhan whined again.

Mrs Jiang chuckled and said," I just felt when I saw you both arguing. You two were looking like old married couple. "

Zhan blushed slightly at his mother's words

" I saw his secret smile for his family and the protective gazes in just few moments he spent here. I've seen a lot of people in my life ,Zhan and someone like him are very rare. He can get hurt but will never let someone close to feel the pain." Mrs Jiang said.

" Thank you mom for making him to come in my life." Zhan said , side hugging his mother and putting his chin on her shoulder. He did not know if he would not have spent those few months with Yibo as his husband, he would have loved him or not. He would not have those sweet moments which made him realise how important Yibo was in his life.

" I'm glad you tried to see beyond your own perception." Mrs Jiang said.

" Thank you , mom for always standing by my side." Zhan said.