Chapter 35

Ayansh's POV

She said yes.

Why?

These are the only two thoughts going on in my mind for the past week. On loop. I hadn't expected her to say yes so easily. She won't just do something without a personal motive. Then why is she agreeing to this? Is she being forced?

I freeze as the thought crosses my mind. Maybe she is being forced. Yeah, that would explain this. Her family is coming here today to decide the dates of engagement and wedding. I will talk to her then and if she is being forced then I can say no-

I halt my thoughts as dadu's words cross my mind.

Her father is willing to keep her at stake for a deal. This thing in itself speaks volumes about him. Given this, what is to say that after marriage he will keep his word. Which is another reason why I need you to consider this proposal.

No. Fuck. I cannot reject this proposal. Being forced or not , this marriage has to happen.

Marriage is a compromise, mother had said when i had returned home from work. She had sat me down to give me the 'talk'.

Marriage is a compromise. A sacrifice. Both of you will have to compromise and adapt for each other. It is a shared responsibility. Respect, trust, compassion and loyalty are the pillars of a relationship. But it's foundation is laid by friendship. 

Two people can fall out of love just as easily as they fall in love. Heartbreak leads to hostility which breaks all those pillars. But friendship? Friendship is a rock against which the waves crash and fall. If husband and wife become good friends of each other, they can overcome any obstacle easily. 

Friendship is followed by respect and trust. It is a bond so strong that nothing can break it other than the people who forged it. And well, once you have a strong friendship, love will follow automatically. 

Its like a lotus in murky waters. Love can bloom even in the darkest of situations.

This indeed was a dark situation. Don't know about love but, compromise is bound to happen.

Her and I , we will both have to sacrifice ourselves.

Forced or not, this marriage has to happen.

Author's POV

The days had passed in a blur as the Ranawats had received the news that Ishani has agreed to the betrothal. Both the families decide to meet to discuss the wedding and engagement at the Ranawat's mansion. Ayansh was shocked , which had been evident by his reaction when he had heard the news after returning from work.

Ishani on the other hand was a nervous wreck. Her father had given her explicit instructions to "not mess this up".

The Ranawat mansion is filled with enthusiasm as they prepare for welcoming the Agnihotris.

"No not that. Here take this" came Aradhana Ranawat's voice as she instructed the maids. Laksh and Avyaan are sitting on the sofa talking amongst themselves. "Did you talk to Ayansh bhai?" asked Avyaan and Laksh shakes his head. "Are yaar. Kahi bhai humesha ki tarah akhdu bann kar ghume toh Isha di apna decision change kar degi." Avyaan whines. Laksh chuckles. "Nahi karegi don't worry" he said confidently.

"Are they here? Have they come yet?" came a chirpy voice as Yuvika entered the room adjusting her dupatta. "Hey!! You do realise that all of this is for Ayansh bhai's wedding and not yours right?" Avyaan teases as he takes in her outfit. Yuvika just rolls her eyes at his comment while the two brothers laugh.