114: Clans

(sorry guys writers block hit me particularly hard!! we up 🗣🗣)

You were sat beside Satoru, at dinner with your parents and his.

You were at a traditional restaurant, although, quite fancy. This was going to be a battle between your clans, competing for who will shift to which clan.

Satoru's father spoke up. "I do believe that Y/N should shift over to the Gojo clan. Y/N has siblings which can take on the role, meanwhile, Satoru is the only leader for our clan."

Now, your father spoke up.

"That's right. However, handing over Y/N will take away the power our clan holds. Literally. Y/N is the first in our clan, in around... 350 years, to have The Cryogenic and Amplification Cursed Techniques. She may be the only one who currently holds the genome."

Satoru's mother now spoke.

"We could say the same about Satoru. He's the first to be born with the Limitless Cursed Technique in the last... 400 years. He might also be the only one with this genome. And, again, we have no other kids who may potentially hold this. Plus, our clan is lacking in size."

Your mother now took a sharp inhale, shaking her head, now stating her points.

You and Satoru just looked at each other, confused on what to do. He held your hand under the table, before speaking up. 

"Is... a merger possible?"

Both yours and Satoru's parents looked at him, shocked.

"A merger?"

"A merger!? He's talking about a merger!?" His dad yelled, frustrated.

They began arguing even more.

"Oh, god.." You mumbled, rubbing your forehead.

Satoru looked at you, mumbling. "Sorry... Should've phrased it differently..."

You spoke up now, "Uh, would you all like to hear what Satoru and I thought of?"

They looked at you, raising an eyebrow.

"Well... Mrs. Gojo is right. Satoru's family only him as the heir, meanwhile, for our clan... One of my siblings could take my place. My siblings could also carry the genome of my abilities, even though they do not show it, like my parents and grandparents. So, I believe that..." You'd take a deep breath, nodding, as if in agreement with yourself.

"I believe that I should join the Gojo clan."

You paused, looking at your parents reaction. Shocked, as expected.

"However." 

You looked at everyone's reaction again, all concerned about what you would say next.

"Satoru and I believe that... our clans should work as one."

"What?" Your mom questioned. "How..."

"An alliance between the two clans. A formal alliance. This would grant a flow of power that would be maintained between the two. With both Satoru and I continuing to support my clan... We would be able to remain in power, even in the future if the Limitless and Amplified-Cryogenic Cursed Techniques disappear like they have done so before."

Both parents looked to be deep in thought, before your father sighed, nodding.

"That... That makes sense."

Your mother nodded in agreement.

You looked at Satoru, smiling. Then at his parents.

"We agree as well!" His mother said, ecstatic.