103: Promises

Your trip was coming to an end, the last city you two would be in was Santorini, Greece.

It was a nice place to sightsee, but also relax. 

It was your second last day, you had done all sorts of sightseeing, relaxed a whole bunch. It was the evening now.

Satoru and you were at the beach, watching the sunset as you two walked on the warm sand. Your hair was put up in a ponytail/bun, it was a warm day. 

(your outfit looked something like this, keep the cap or dont, change the colors however u wish, only difference for me would be that the button up is silk)

It was golden hour, the light giving you and Satoru a beautiful shine. You two were talking, you were complaining about how your trip was now coming to an end.

"Like.. Everything was so fun and relaxing, and then we're gonna have to go back and work and all that..." You sighed, annoyed. He chuckled, "Yeah, I know, baby..." He smiled at you, "But it'll also be nice to be back, you can relax after all of this... This was pretty exhausting!" He said, and you nodded in response. "I'm glad we're here to end our trip... It's relaxing." You said with a smile.

The waves gently lapped at the shore, creating a soothing rhythm that seemed to synchronize with each step you took. As you walked alongside Gojo, the warmth of his hand in yours added to the serene atmosphere of the evening.

He glanced at you with that mischievous glint in his eye, a smile playing on his lips as he listened to your complaints about returning to reality. "You know, we could always extend our trip," he suggested, his tone teasing yet tinged with sincerity.

"Oh, really? And how do you suggest we'll do that? Higherups won't be willing to give us some extra time just cause we don't wanna work..." You let go of his hand as you walked ahead, describing the scene that they'd be making. He chuckled, watching you walk ahead.

"They'll be like, 'Fujiwara! Gojo! Get back!' And we're gonna have to start working again and-" You paused, realizing he was no longer walking beside you. "Toru?" You turned back, looking at him.

You saw him, on one knee, smiling at you. Your heart skipped a beat, as your eyes looked down to see him holding a velvet box. Inside, a beautiful ring, the gemstone sparkling as it caught the last rays of sunlight. You felt the cool and comforting waves wash up against your feet, embracing you. It felt unreal, it felt like a dream. Life was... so perfect.

"Y/N..." He began to speak, his heart beating wildly as he mustered up the courage to finally ask you.

"Baby..." He smiled, as he maintained eye contact with you. The fading sunlight cast a golden hue on his features, accentuating the warmth in his eyes as he spoke, a blush dusted on his face. "The last few years with you have been nothing short of magical... Especially this trip." He said, swallowing the lump forming in his throat. "You're perfect, at least in my eyes. You're smart, caring, beautiful. I love every single part of you, and... I couldn't imagine anyone else to spend my life with."

You slowly walked closer to him, a big smile on your face as a few tears ran down your cheeks.

"Do you remember the promise we made when we were kids?" He asked, smiling. "The promise was..."

  •• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••

1996

You and Satoru were sitting outside, eating some ice cream at a playground. Your mother was talking with his as they watched over the two of you.

"This ice cream is so good!" You said, excitedly. He smiled, prideful. "See, I told you it was good." You chuckled, "You're really smart..." You ate the ice cream some more, before you looked at him.

"We should make a promise."

"What promise?"

"That we'll always be together, forever. You're my favorite person! Not counting my parents!"

He laughed, nodding, "You're my favorite, too."

You smiled at him. 

"Pinky promise, Satoru?" You held your pinky out, looking at the cold boy's icy eyes with your warm ones.

He interlocked his little finger with yours and spoke in the warmest tone he could use. A small smile formed on his face.

"Pinky promise."

  •• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••

You chuckled as he reminded you of the story, amazed he remembered.

"I want to keep that promise, Y/N..." He smiled at you, taking a deep breath, as he said the words that you had been dying to hear for such a long time.

"Will you marry me, Y/N?"

You sniffled as you nodded, smiling widely. He slid the ring on your finger, as he smiled widely, ecstatic. As soon as it was on, and after you had looked at it, he immediately got up and hugged you tightly.

"I'm so happy... so, so happy..." He spoke, muffled as his mouth was buried in your shoulder. He kissed your neck and made his way up to your lips, then cheeks and forehead. 

"I've never been happier, Y/N."

You chuckled, nodding as your tears finally stopped. "Me too... I'm really happy..."

"I got this ring custom made for you... That way, nobody else will have a duplicate or anything similar. It's just yours." He said with a smile, he picked you up, excited. He spun you around, feeling like the main character of a romance movie. Life is perfect. Nothing could get better than this.

"I kept my promise to you, baby... I think we should have a renewal on our promise now. But this time, I'll set the conditions for it."

"Oh, really?" You laughed, "Okay... go ahead!" You said, nodding.

"We have to stay together, forever. Even after we die, I'll find your soul. And I'll haunt any guy who tries to get with you if I die first!"

"I'll do the same!" You said, smiling.

He chuckled, holding up his pinky.

"Pinky promise, Y/N?"

You smiled at him, meeting his warm gaze.

"Pinky promise."