40 : A New Life

(LONGEST CHAPTER I'VE MADE IN HERE: OVER 3.5K WORDS)

You walked with Satoru, you two were going to meet the son of Toji Fushiguro, formerly Zenin.

He gave you a quick recap about everything involving his son, named Megumi.

"Ahh, okayy.. I'll let you do the talking, unless I need to interfere..." You smiled at him, raising an eyebrow, suspecting he wouldn't talk to the kid gently. He chuckled, shaking his head.

You saw the boy, he was young, had spiky black hair, and was walking home from school.

Satoru called out to him.

"You're Megumi, aren't you?"

The boy turned around, asking who Satoru was, and why he was making such a weird face.

"What face..." You mumbled, turning your head to see Satoru's mouth wide open, looking disgusted. You realized it was most likely due to the resemblance between Megumi and Toji.

"Oh."

You spoke for Satoru as he recovered from the PTSD of seeing someone who looked so much like Toji. "I'm Fujiwara Y/N, and he's Gojo Satoru. He's just... a bit shocked."

Satoru recovered, "Sorry, my own issue... anyways..." He then began to talk, telling Megumi about Toji and the clan they're from.

Eventually, just when Satoru was about to tell him that he had killed Toji, Megumi interrupted. 

"I don't care. I have no interest in where he is or what he's doing." Satoru's expression changed, "I haven't even seen him in years, so I don't remember what he looks like." Your expression changed as well, dropping out of sympathy you felt for the kid.

He continued, "Though... I get the general idea of where you're coming from. Tsumiki's mother hasn't come home for a while now, either." Then, you saw a girl open a door and peek out, "Oh, Megumi's here!" She also looked young, only a year or two older than Megumi. He continued speaking about their parents had abandoned them, you learned how they were step siblings, his biological father had married Tsumiki's biological mother. 

He believed his father was leisurely living with Tsumiki's mother... Since he interrupted Satoru, he wouldn't know that he was dead.

You looked at Satoru, unsure of what he'd say.

"Are you... really a first grader?" Satoru spoke, you chuckled, and he got up. You spoke, "Megumi, we're here to really ask you one question... Do you want to go the Zenin clan or not?" Megumi asked you two if Tsumiki would be happy if he went to the Zenin clan, and when Satoru said no in a cold tone, he was taken aback. You guessed that Satoru's tone did help deliver the severity of the situation. Megumi wouldn't know that she wouldn't be happy due to the same reason his father was unhappy there. 

Satoru laughed, "Okayy! Leave the rest to us then!" You two turned around, walking away, when you turned your head to look at Megumi, "We might need you to push yourself a bit, though..." Satoru continued your sentence, looking back as well.

"Get stronger. Strong enough to keep with us." 

You two smiled at Megumi, waving goodbye to him, before you both left.

You and Satoru got in the Porsche he got for you, he reached over from the back and turned on the AC, and the driver began to drive you two back to Jujutsu High.

"Now, time to make our case to the higherups... It'll help that both a Gojo and Fujiwara are requesting him to be taken under our care." Satoru laughed, crossing his legs.