17 : Banquet

A week had passed since the movie, and you would say things were only progressing. He'd flirt even more with you, and eventually you two would be disturbed by a teacher, by another student, missions, etc.

But it was all going well.

Today was an important event, where the most powerful families of Jujutsu Society would be attending and showing off their sorcerers, wealth, power, etc. However, these events would also be held to announce important things, or to simply honor the sorcerers that fight curses each day.

There would be a purpose to the event, but as stated before, it was mostly a showcase of wealth.

It was at the evening, and headquarters made sure to give very small missions if any, and if there were any curses ranked Grade 1 or above, multiple Grade 1s or special grade sorcerers were sent in an attempt to quickly eliminate the threat as quick as possible.

The event was layered, a general area where most sorcerers resided, then a more VIP area where sorcerer families existed, such as the Inumaki clan, and then an even more important area for the Big Four Sorcerer Families.

Gojo, Fujiwara, Zenin, and Kamo.

People would first stay at the general area, then move to their area or any other one if allowed to, and then back to a general area for food, announcements, etc. The Big Four however got better seating, great thing for you!

You weren't at your dorm, you were at your family's residence, where maids helped pick out outfits.

The theme this time was western, which was different than the usual traditional Japanese, so it took more time to pick out clothing. In front of you was a navy blue dress adorned with small jewels which shined under the light, and snowflake shaped sequins were spread throughout the dress, it had netted sleeves. (You can imagine it however you like, for example longer sleeves, shorted, ruffled, how dark the blue is, etc!)

You put it on, and then the maids got to work on your hair, a beautiful bun was made with snowflake shaped pins and a few loose strands of hair. You put on your makeup, sprayed on your favorite perfume, and were now smiling at yourself in the mirror. 

Satoru would be there, and that just made your heart flutter.

You stepped out, before leaving, you would visit someone.

You walked over to a bedroom further down, opening the door, hearing machines beeping inside.

Your mother laid there, in a deep sleep.

That's what you said to yourself, you were still somewhat in denial, however had gone through all the rest of the stages of grief. She was in a coma, and has been for the past few years.

Each time you see her, memories replay, either the happy ones with her, or the terrible memory of the day she fell into a coma.

You walked up to her, holding her hand, looking at the screens surrounding her. She was stable, usually someone in a coma for a few years becomes brain dead, but she remained alive. However, each day you would be worried, that you'd get a call from the doctors that check up on her, which would say that she has become brain dead.

Right now, as you held her hand, and examined her features, a calm expression was on her face. You blinked rapidly, trying to keep any tears in as you kissed her forehead. 

"Mom, today I'm going to the Jujustu Banquet... I have this really nice dress on, I'm sure you'd like it." You said as you chuckled and patted your dress, rubbing her knuckles.

You spoke in a whisper, "I really like Satoru... Gojo Satoru, you know... He's grown up to be quite handsome.." You said as a smile took over your face, and your eyes met her closed ones.

"I have to go now with everyone else... I'll see you later." You said as you got up, putting her hand back on her, making sure she was comfortable as you then headed out.

Your dad smiled at you, "Woahh, looking great!" He looked at the driver, "Let's go now." He nodded, and you got in your family's car. Your siblings sat beside you, (if you have none, just imagine some 😭) and the car started. The rest of your extended family also making their way to the Banquet.

Half an hour later, you arrived and stepped out the car, carrying a delicate black purse. A cool breeze flowed through your hair and dress as you walked, heels clicking against the pathway to the place the event was taking place in.

Extravagant was a small way to describe it. Marble tiled floors, gold linings, this was indeed a gathering of the rich.

The doors opened, and the bustling noises of people talking filled your ears as you walked to the general area, hoping to spot someone you knew. It was cool inside, and your dress wasn't keeping you warm, so you felt a little cold. But it's okay, nothing compared to your training.

Gold chandeliers hung from the ceiling, large pillars carefully carved and created stood tall, surrounding you as you walked. This wasn't your first banquet, but each time they improved the location.

You saw some of the people from the Inumaki clan, then saw the Kamo clan, and you swore you saw Satoru's white hair from the corner of your eye, but right as you were about to turn, you felt a hand on your shoulder.

You turned, to see a Zenin.

A Zenin your age.

Naoya Zenin.

(SORRY FOR SUCH A LATE UPDATE! next chapter will come out sooner, i was travelling thats why it was late!)