21 : The Rain

((I recommend listening to some of these songs while reading this (your choice, im listing some that go good w/ the chapter (AT CERTAIN POINTS THOUGH)!:

You Are My High - DJ Snake 

Do Ya Like x Resonance (noturgf on spotify)

So High - Doja Cat

Set Fire To The Rain - Adele 

))

He turned to look at you, shocked to see you while the rain was pouring down heavily.

You stood there, arms crossed as you waited for him to answer your question, shivering from the cold of the rain, the rain soaking your hair and coat, the bottom half of your dress wet as well, but not as wet as you expected it to be.

He just stared at you, examining you, your expression, body language. He almost felt bad seeing you there, coming all the way just to see him.

He stepped closer, "Y/N? What're you doing here...?" He spoke softly, continuing to approach you slowly, but maintaining a distance. 

He was now a meter away from you, and you had a frustrated expression on your face, which he saw. 

"What am I doing here? Oh, I'm just strolling around in the heavy rain." You said sarcastically before you looked up at him, "I came here for you, obviously!"

He was taken slightly aback by how frustrated you were, his heart slightly warming up from the fact that you came all the way here, in this heavy rain, just for him.

"But never mind that Satoru, why are you all the way out here?? In the heavy rain? Despite the event and everything?" You sighed, looking to the side as you squinted due to the rain going into your eyes, "I mean... weren't you going to get us some brownies?"

He chuckled, feeling bad for leaving you like that. A guilty feeling took over him, but he allowed himself to ignore that feeling, he was feeling something else which took over his actions.

Jealousy..

And even a bit of betrayal, I mean, he thought you were into him, the flirting, how much you two hung out. He was so close to asking you out but... Naoya had struck first, or maybe, you were with Naoya all along, and just hadn't told him.

This was what he thought during his walk, the rain not being able to bother him due to his infinity. Usually he would have to use an umbrella, but somehow he just did it this time.

He sighed, speaking. "I mean... uh.." He was at a loss of words, he didn't know what to say.

"Why did you even come after me..? Like..." He tried to divert the topic, "You could've called me... y'know..." You huffed, "Really? I DID CALL YOU, GOJO!"

He was taken aback from you now calling him by his last name, "Really??" He said, patting himself down, taking it out, then seeing how the battery had died. "My battery died..." He turned the phone to show you, "Sorry... Y/N..."

He sighed, and so did you as he put it back in his pocket.

"Why are you here, Satoru? It's not like you to go off randomly for a WALK..."

He bit the inside of his cheek for a moment before he spoke, "Well uh... when I came back with the brownies I saw you... and Naoya... and you guys were kissing so... I didn't want to interrupt."

A lie.

You spoke, "What? If you saw that why didn't you just wait outside or eat some of the brownies... or go to Suguru?" 

He was caught, he was usually quick witted, but he just couldn't think of anything else to say.

"Because..."

He looked at you.

"I was jealous."

He continued, "I... " He hesitated to say it, unsure how you'd react, but he mustered up the courage to say it.

"I like you... Y/N... so... when I saw that I just... got jealous..." He spoke, embarrassed as he broke eye contact, looking somewhere else as he spoke.

You were shocked, the rain pouring down your face, as you finally replied.

"Really...?"

He nodded, and you smiled widely, chuckling as you stared at him. 

"But, I know that you and Naoya are a thing so-"

"No!" You yelled, and he was caught off guard, as his mouth remained open, no sound coming out, before he spoke.

"No?"

"He... he kissed me, I didn't kiss him. He just came onto me and kissed me and it all happened so fast... I didn't want it."

His heart warmed up so much, beating quicker, as if the life came back to him. As if his blood started circulating again after not working for a while.

"I came after you because I was worried you saw him kissing me and... thought we were a thing... I didn't want you thinking that because... I like you too, Satoru..." You said, a blush spreading across your cheeks as you spoke, looking down at the rain hitting against the ground.

"Really...?" He said now, roles reversed. You nodded, "Yeah.." He smiled widely, coming closer to you, lifting up your chin to look at him, his infinity off now as his hair started to slowly get wet as well. His skin was now wet from the rain, as he turned your chin to look up at him.

"I've never been happier... Y/N..." He spoke, smiling widely, a blush spread across his cheeks as well. You smiled, your eyes focusing on his.

He leaned down, his lips only a few centimeters away from yours.

"Can I?" He whispered, you were blushing intensely and shocked, but wanted it so bad. 

Just like he did.

"You can..." You whispered back, and he smirked before he closed the small gap between the two of you.

His lips were wet from the rain, but soft, locking with yours as he shut his eyes closed. Focusing everything on the kiss.

He moved his hands to hold you closer, pulling you closer from the waist, as his infinity manipulated around the two of you, the rain suddenly "stopping" as you were now shielded from the rain by his infinity as you kissed.

He didn't want to stop anytime soon, but eventually you both had to pull back, and when he did, he peppered your cheek and forehead with kisses before he finally stopped and looked at you.

He smiled, seeing how much you were blushing.

"I'm glad you're mine, Y/N." You smiled widely at that comment as your eyes filled with love for him, one could say you had hearts in your eyes. 

You held his hand tightly, which he loved, as you looked back up at him and spoke.

"I'm glad you're mine too, Satoru..."