Ch.6 Dry Mouth

Hydrangeas are in full bloom in June, and the summer afternoon sun shines through the branches and falls on the man's shoulders. His black hair is smooth and his profile is exquisite, like a carefully trimmed shot in a movie, so beautiful that it makes people indulge.
Meng Xiang'an psychologically stepped in the shadow formed by his shadow and moved forward slowly. His lips were frozen red by the old popsicle, but he was reluctant to let go. He bit off a small piece of ice with his pearly teeth, and a slight "rustling" touch immediately surged between his lips and tongue.

  "Judging from your accent, you should be from Beijing. Why don't you go home and live?" Meng Xiang raised his head, his voice a little unclear due to the ice in his mouth.

  Hearing this, Ye Puzhou turned around, his eyes only caught the scarlet spot on her lips, playfully following the milky white smoothie, which was extremely seductive when she swallowed it. He just felt that the temperature seemed to have risen a little today, otherwise why would he feel so dry in the mouth?

  "My home is in the east of the city, which is quite far from the school. Besides, I moved out after I went to college, so I don't live with my family." Ye Puzhou's Adam's apple rolled up and down, and he hurriedly looked away from her.

  "The east of the city? That's quite far indeed." Meng Xiang didn't notice his abnormality and continued eating the popsicle in his hand.

  "Yeah." Ye Puzhou nodded.

  "Then you..." Meng Xiang wanted to ask something else, but the words stopped abruptly at his lips.

  After waiting for her to ask a question for a long time, he turned his head to look at her in confusion, with an expression on his face that seemed to say, "Why don't you ask?"

  "Because I feel like I'm checking your household registration, hahaha. I've asked you a lot of personal questions today. I hope I didn't offend you. We should get to know each other slowly. How can I ask you everything I want to know right away?"

  Ye Puzhou had no idea what Meng Xiang said next. All that remained in his mind were four big words - understand slowly.

  *

  In an old alley in the north of the city, there is a pub which has just been opened for two years. It has an antique courtyard with corridors on both sides of the entrance. Following the waiter in a gray-blue robe, walking forward and passing a rosewood screen, you will see a smoky scene.

  There was a stage in the middle of the patio, on which actors in costumes were singing "The Legend of White Snake". The Peking Opera singing was beautiful and mellow, and the unhurried singing and sighing caught people's hearts.

  There were several round tables and armchairs in the auditorium, and some people had already sat down on them, but he was the last one to arrive.

  "Something happened at the bureau, so I'm late." Qin Zheng picked up the wine glass on the table and filled it up for himself. Just as he brought the glass to his lips, he caught a glimpse of a pair of slender hands casually placed on the edge of the round table, with sparks flickering on their fingertips.

  "Did you do it on purpose?" He tilted his head back and drank half a glass of foreign wine. The spicy taste slid down his throat, as if he was suppressing the desire for his master.

  "Hahaha, Brother Zhou is not that boring, but I might be." Zheng An, who was sitting on the left side of Qin Zheng, raised his eyebrows and chuckled. In front of the former, he lit a cigarette in a mean way. However, just after taking a puff, it was snatched away by a strong force and thrown under his feet and extinguished.