Ch.61 A Kiss

After comforting Ye Puzhou, Meng Xiang carefully returned to her home. Fortunately, they were all on the second floor at the moment and there was no one on the first floor, otherwise they might have discovered that she had returned from next door.

  Meng Xiang breathed a sigh of relief. Not long after he sat down on the sofa, Deng Yajun came down from upstairs.

  "Axiang, where did you go today? Jingfan said you went out early in the morning." How could you stay there for so long in such a cold day?

  "I went to the hospital to see a gynecologist today." Meng Xiang told the truth. Seeing a trace of worry on Deng Yajun's face, he quickly explained the whole thing.

  Hearing this, Deng Yajun breathed a sigh of relief, but she held Meng Xiang's hand unwillingly, "I'm glad you're okay. I was so scared. You're too sensible, kid. Remember to call me next time you go to the hospital. The busy period at work has passed recently. It's easy to take a leave to accompany your daughter to the hospital."

  "Got it." Meng Xiang buried his head in Deng Yajun's arms, the corners of his lips raised, revealing a warm smile.

  "Lunch outside?"

  "Yes, I had a bowl of porridge and a steamed bun."

  "Eat so little? Food outside can't be as delicious as food at home. Just sit and wait for a moment. I'll call your dad to come down and make you a delicious meal together." Deng Yajun stood up and shouted upstairs twice. After a while, she received a response from Meng Wanjiang.

  Meng Xiang watched all this with a smile, and then went to the kitchen to help prepare the ingredients.

  *

  The next morning, Meng Wanjiang and Deng Yajun went to work after breakfast. Meng Jingfan was still staying in his room reading and doing homework. Meng Xiang brought him a plate of cut apples and oranges, then sneaked next door with his lunch box.

  With the key to his house in hand, Meng Xiang had a smooth journey. The living room was quiet and no one was around. She guessed that Ye Puzhou was still sleeping. After pondering for a moment, she touched the lunch box which was still warm. She decided to wake him up to eat something and then let him rest. Otherwise, the food would be cold and not tasty.

  Thinking of this, Meng Xiang went straight up the stairs to the second floor.

  Standing in front of the bedroom door, Meng Xiang reached out and knocked. After a pause, she saw that there was still no movement from inside. When she was about to continue knocking, the door was opened from the inside.

  Ye Puzhou was sleepy, but his complexion was much better than yesterday, with a little more blush and energy.

  Two silly hairs stuck up on his head. Two buttons on the collar of his pajamas were undone, revealing a small section of his fair and slender neck and delicate collarbone. He gently rubbed his eye sockets with his bony fingertips, and then he held her in his arms, still looking so sleepy that he couldn't open his eyes.

  The voice was a little nasal, hoarse and lazy: "You're here? Let me hold you for a while."

  Meng Xiang hugged his back. Even though Ye Puzhou was wearing thin pajamas, he was like a big stove and not cold at all. After a while, he still showed no sign of letting go. She could only helplessly say, "Okay, have you hugged enough? Go wash up quickly. I brought you breakfast."

  Hearing this, Ye Puzhou pulled away from the two of them. His eyes, which had been drooping, now became bright. "You did this for me?"

  It is rare to see Mengxiang cooking.