Ch. 2 Stirring The Heart

The intoxicating charm of early summer in June is quietly unfolding. In the clear blue sky, the thin clouds cannot withstand the heat and disappear without a trace. The tall Sophora japonica trees on the roadside spread out their dense branches and leaves, trying to block the dazzling sunlight.

  Among a cluster of flowers, people always focus on the most eye-catching one.

  The tight-fitting cheongsam outlines her exquisite figure, with two round curves, a willow-like waist, and a slight concave area where the thumb is clasped. The soft touch makes people reluctant to let go.

  She stood on the chair gracefully, exuding an indescribable charm.

  Looking from Meng Xiang's perspective, he could see a face with very strong contours. His deep big eyes seemed to contain countless stars, he had a high nose bridge, thin rosy lips, a clean jawline, and blue veins on his long neck that spread along his fair skin to the collar of his shirt. Going down, he could vaguely see his delicate collarbone.

  The most beautiful thing was the pair of fair, well-proportioned hands with distinct joints. Meng Xiang had never seen such perfect hands and a man who looked so noble.

  Even though she had been in the fashion and entertainment circles for many years in her previous life, she had never met a man who was so to her taste.

  As if possessed by a ghost, Meng Xiang let go of the hand that was holding the sign and held his hand unnoticeably. Her movements were so natural, as if she really just wanted to help him hold the sign.

  The tense and ambiguous atmosphere infinitely amplified all the senses, and unknown emotions in the body began to boil and clamor.

  A tiny ray of light shone through the gaps between the branches and leaves, dazzling Meng Xiang's eyes and bringing her back to her senses from her trance. She lowered her eyelashes to hide the panic in her eyes, her heartbeat quickened, and her breathing became rapid. As she moved, she didn't notice that her pointed Adam's apple rolled against the person in front of her.

  The man was still staring at her steadily, his thick brows slightly furrowed. For a moment, she seemed to see a fleeting dark color in his eyes, which touched her heart and made her care for no reason.

  But when she looked over again, she only saw a pair of narrow black eyes, cold and without any emotion.

  Together, they placed the fallen sign in the corner. Meng Xiang intertwined her fingers and placed them behind her waist. She looked at the man in front of her who was a head taller than her. Her mind moved slightly, and she opened her red lips and took the initiative to ask, "Are you from this school?"

  Ye Puzhou straightened up and reached out his hand to smooth out the wrinkles on the hem of his clothes. When he heard her question, he was stunned at first, then nodded.

  "Ah, I guessed it. You must be a freshman or sophomore, right? What's your name? To thank you for your help, I'll treat you to dinner next time." Meng Xiang narrowed her eyes and smiled, her tone rising.

  This outgoing personality was completely different from her cold and elegant appearance. Ye Puzhou curled the corners of his lips and was about to correct the inappropriateness in her words when he saw the door behind her was suddenly pushed open from the inside, and then a girl who was also wearing a red cheongsam ran out in a hurry.

  "Axiang, why are you here? We've been looking for you for a long time, and you're the only one who hasn't put on makeup. We have to hurry up, as we still have to rehearse later." Huang Sijing grabbed Meng Xiang's hand and pulled him inside without saying a word.