Ch.36 Clinging To His Shoulder

After finding the problem, Meng Xiang felt much better. After spending some time with Ye Puzhou in the courtyard, she went into his house. Perhaps because she had just arrived home when she came, she piled all the things she brought back from school on the sofa.

  Next to a black briefcase was a thick stack of materials and books, which looked like students' homework. On the back of the sofa was the shirt he had just taken off.

  Ye Puzhou grabbed the shirt and put it on, buttoning a few buttons. Then he poured her a glass of warm water as usual and went to the kitchen to get the snacks and biscuits that were always prepared. Meng Xiang sat on the sofa and watched him busying around.

  "Raise your head."

  Hearing this, Meng Xiang raised her head obediently. Soon a warm towel fell on her face. He rubbed her eyes gently with his fingertips through the cloth. Her eyes, which were sore from crying just now, slowly became comfortable.

  Ye Puzhou took the towel back only when it was no longer so hot.

  Feeling the emptiness on her face, Meng Xiang raised the corners of her lips and smiled sweetly, "Thank you."

  Ye Puzhou smiled back, patted her head, thought for a while and said, "Do you want to help me correct my homework? I'll get you two storybooks."

  "Okay." Meng Xiang agreed without thinking, but she was surprised and asked, "You have storybooks at home?"

  She didn't have it when she came here before, so she had to bring her own every time.

  Hearing this, Ye Puzhou was stunned for a moment, remembering that he had given students a question two days ago, asking them to answer voluntarily, to investigate what extracurricular story books young people liked to read recently, and then go to the bookstore to buy them. He couldn't help but blush, coughed lightly, and answered dryly, "I just bought a few books recently, and I wanted to kill time when I had nothing to do."
Ye Puzhou would buy a storybook for himself? Even if Meng Xiang was beaten to death, she would not believe it, so there was only one possibility left...

  "Bought it especially for me?" Meng Xiang held his cheeks, which were still a little wet, in his hands, his eyes fixed on the increasingly dark red on the tip of his ear, his big eyes smiling into crescent shapes.

  "I'll go put the towel away." Ye Puzhou didn't answer. He held the pink towel, turned around and hurried away.

  Meng Xiang looked at Ye Puzhou's fleeing back and fell on the sofa with laughter. She didn't expect that he had such a considerate side, silently taking care of her little preferences behind her back. Whether it was his various snacks, water cups, pink exclusive towels, or storybooks, they were all symbols that Ye Puzhou liked her.

  Some things are hidden in various small details, just like digging for treasure. Every time you discover one, you will be happy for a long time.

  Ye Puzhou quickly went downstairs with three or four storybooks of different types.

  At first, Meng Xiang wanted to sit opposite him so as not to disturb him while he was correcting his homework, but Ye Puzhou disagreed and insisted that she sit next to him.

  But after a while, she started to feel sore in her back and neck from reading the storybook. After rubbing her shoulders and neck for a while and feeling a little relieved, she wanted to lean on the armrest of the sofa to rest for a while. But this way, she had nowhere to put her legs, and it felt awkward no matter where she put them. She adjusted several times but couldn't find a suitable and comfortable position.