Ch.59 Burning Eyes

The boy's action interrupted the conversation of the other two people. They looked in the direction of his gaze and saw a girl with outstanding looks.

  One of the women, wearing a black cotton coat, put her arm around the boy's shoulder and asked curiously, "Xingzhi, do you know that girl?"

  "Well... she's my classmate." Zhao Xingzhi lowered his eyes to hide the disappointment and unwillingness that kept surging in them. Ever since Meng Xiang had a fever last time and he knew that she had a boyfriend, he never took the initiative to approach her again.

  However, no matter it was the chance encounter today or the encounter at school before, as long as his eyes fell on her, he would not be able to calm down for a long time, his heartbeat would speed up and his face would get hot.

  All of this is unlike the emotions he would have in the past.

  "It's not like he's just an ordinary classmate."

  Another woman wrapped in a thick coat tucked her hair around her ears, looked at Zhao Xingzhi and made a joke, revealing a little of her white coat. If Meng Xiang was here, he would recognize at a glance that this was the female doctor Zhao Meiqing who had just examined him.

  Hearing this, Zhao Xingzhi and the woman beside him looked at Zhao Meiqing in surprise.

  Zhao Yuan looked at Zhao Xingzhi, who looked a little nervous. As experienced people, how could she not understand? She immediately turned her gaze to the pretty figure sitting in the breakfast room, "Son, do you like her? Or is this the girl you dated at school?"

"No, that's not it..." Hearing his mother's words, Zhao Xingzhi blushed and explained haltingly.

  "Oh, are you still shy? I think this girl looks pretty good, and she's your classmate. Why don't you bring her home to meet your dad after graduation? You need his consent for your marriage." Zhao Yuan had been paying attention to Meng Xiang's dining etiquette, and seeing her extraordinary temperament, she liked her even more.

  "Should we go over and say hello?"

  "Mom! It's not what you think. They're eating. Why should we go over and say hello?" Zhao Xingzhi shook his head helplessly. Looking at Zhao Yuan's appearance, he knew that her old habit had come back again. She couldn't take her eyes off any pretty girl.

  "Stop teasing the young people. Free love is popular nowadays. We elders should stay out of our own business. Xingzhi can decide his marriage by himself. Does he really need Tianming to have the final say?" Zhao Meiqing put her hands in her pockets and clicked her tongue in annoyance.

  Zhao Tianming is Zhao Xingzhi's father.

  "My aunt is right, but his father has such a stubborn temper, who can persuade him?" Zhao Yuan pursed her lips and sighed softly.

  Although the two are about the same age, there is a gap in seniority. Zhao Yuan has to call Zhao Meiqing "aunt" and Zhao Xingzhi has to call her "great aunt".

  "If you like it, seize the opportunity. Don't worry about your dad, that old stubborn man. I'll find a chance to talk to him. It's bad enough that he's meddling in everything at work, but he also meddles at home." Zhao Meiqing has always advocated the educational philosophy of letting children live freely, and she can't stand Zhao Tianming's behavior of interfering in everything.

  Zhao Xingzhi opened his mouth, wanting to make it clear that he had nothing to do with Meng Xiang, but he felt that there was no need to explain to them since he would never see her again anyway, so all he could say was reduced to one sentence: "Thank you, great aunt."