Ch.11 Playing the Hooligan

The smell of disinfectant filled Meng Xiang's nose. He woke up slowly, his eyelashes trembling slightly, and he blinked again and again. His vision gradually became clear. He looked to the right and saw a familiar figure.

  She stared at the person sitting beside the bed with her eyes wide open in disbelief, thinking that she must be hallucinating because of the pain and was dreaming again, so she bravely reached out her hand.

  Ye Puzhou was originally sitting in a chair with his eyes closed for a nap, when he felt a soft force falling on the back of his hand, then slowly touching his finger bones, and continuing to touch upwards. He suddenly opened his eyes, and his dark pupils were like thick ink that could not be dissolved. A hint of darkness quickly flashed across his eyes as he looked at her.

  "Are you awake?" Ye Puzhou held the little hand wandering on his forearm with his backhand, his expression complicated.

  Hearing this, Meng Xiang paused his gangster hands, then he threw back the quilt and buried his head in it, his body shaking as a thousand horses raced through his mind. Was this not a dream?

  No, no, I don’t believe it.

  After silently reciting it for three seconds, she pinched her thigh hard. The pain was so real that she hissed, but at the same time, she could no longer escape the reality - she touched the hand of a young man in broad daylight! In the past, this would be thrown into the pig cage!

  "Does your stomach still hurt? Do you need to call a doctor?" Ye Puzhou's gentle voice went straight into her ears through the quilt. Seeing that he didn't seem to care, Meng Xiang lifted a corner of the quilt, revealing half of his eyes, and said in a muffled voice: "It doesn't hurt anymore. Um, why are you here?"

  Before Ye Puzhou could answer, there was a sudden sound of hurried footsteps outside the ward. Then Meng Xiang saw her beautiful mother holding a stack of medical reports in her hand and rushing to her bedside with a pair of red eyes from crying.

  "My dear, you finally woke up. I scared my mother to death. Please come and have a look, doctor."

  After the doctors and nurses checked again and again and made sure Meng Xiang was fine, Deng Yajun breathed a sigh of relief. At the same time, she also noticed Ye Puzhou standing next to her and quickly introduced him to Meng Xiang, "This is our new neighbor. He just moved in a while ago. If it weren't for him this morning, Mom wouldn't have gotten here so quickly."

  Meng Xiang had not told his family that he had asked Ye Puzhou to help with his studies next door, so Deng Yajun naturally thought that the two did not know each other, so she introduced them to each other.

  Because she left Deng Yajun's office phone number at the school when she registered, the school wanted to notify her parents that she was sent to the hospital in the middle of the night, but no one answered the phone. They didn't get in touch with anyone until the morning.

  After Deng Yajun answered the phone, she immediately asked for leave to go home to get money, and happened to run into Ye Puzhou who was about to go out at the door of her house.

  "It's a friend's car parked here with me, so..." Ye Puzhou raised the corner of his lips and explained.

  "Thank you so much anyway. When Axiang gets better, come to my house for dinner next time." Deng Yajun invited enthusiastically. Ye Puzhou declined several times, but finally he couldn't refuse the kindness and agreed.

  Meng Xiang witnessed the whole process from the side. She curled up in the quilt and suddenly felt a little hot, so she kicked the quilt to the end of the bed. The noise attracted the attention of the other two, and they all looked towards her.