Ch.51 Be Good, Don't Cry

"I'll go call a doctor." Seeing that Meng Xiang was staring at him, Ye Puzhou's expression became a little uncomfortable and he turned his head to avoid her gaze.

  "No, stay with me for a while, okay?" Meng Xiang stretched out his index finger to hook his little finger, trying to pull him closer to him, but for some reason he had no strength, so he could only helplessly say, "Come here, I have something to tell you."

  "Huh? What's wrong? Are you feeling dizzy?" Although Ye Puzhou didn't want her to see his embarrassment and fragility, he still bent down obediently and put his ear close to her when he heard her call.

  But the next second, a pair of soft little hands covered my eyelashes.

  "Ye Puzhou, don't cry, I'm fine."

  Meng Xiang forced herself to cheer up, and her cute consolation broke the last string of reason in his mind. Her eyes turned red, and her tears wet her palms. She called her name in a trembling voice, "Xiang Xiang."

  Seeing this, Meng Xiang was stunned, and then she was at a loss. This was the first time she saw Ye Puzhou crying so sadly. She didn't know what to do for a moment. She wanted to get up and hug him, but was stopped by the infusion tube.

  Ye Puzhou held her hand that was covering his eyelashes tightly, placed it on the quilt, and then took the initiative to lie lightly in her arms.

  In order not to make her worry, Ye Puzhou forced a smile, but although the corners of his lips were raised, his tears kept rolling down, and his eyes were flashing with tiny watery light.

  "I was so scared, really so scared. When I rushed over, you were lying motionless on the bed. The doctor said you had a high fever and the antipyretic medicine didn't work. If the infusion still didn't work and the fever didn't go down, there's a possibility that your brain might be damaged."

  When he came to the end, Ye Puzhou choked up several times before he finished the whole sentence.

  Meng Xiang didn't expect the cold to be so serious this time, and he was also shocked. But seeing Ye Puzhou crying sadly, he had no choice but to comfort her dryly: "Don't be afraid, I'm fine, right?"

  "But I don't want you to suffer like this anymore. You have to take care of yourself when I'm not with you. Please, please." Ye Puzhou's emotions, which had been suppressed for a long time, completely erupted at this moment, and his hoarse tone was filled with deep fear.

His once upright figure now looked somewhat hunched.

  "Okay, I promise you. Be good and stop crying." Meng Xiang didn't have much experience in coaxing people, so at this moment he could only continue with his words incoherently.

  "Nothing is more important than good health, do you understand?"

  Meng Xiang certainly knew this, but sometimes when you are busy it is easy to neglect some physical problems. And this time the illness came on so violently, quickly and seriously that she didn't even have time to react and was lying in the hospital.

  "I will arrange my time properly in the future, and something like this won't happen again. Do you believe me? Stop crying, it's so ugly." Meng Xiang poked Ye Puzhou's eyelids and helped wipe away some of his tears.

  The first half of the sentence is true, but as for the second half...

  Meng Xiang's eyes fell on Ye Puzhou's face. It was the first time she wanted to use the words "pear blossoms with rain" to describe a grown man. How could someone look so good even when crying? He didn't even have a single snot bubble.